Metallica To Perform At BlizzCon 2014

Master of Puppets, Ride the Lightning, And Justice for All, The Black Album...
Loved them.
Load, Reload..
Thought they were OK but I just didn't get into them.
S&M..
Thought it was a pretty nice mix of Metal with classical instruments.
St Anger......
Probably one of the absolute worst albums I've ever heard. The music was substandard in comparison to Load and Reload (which is saying something) and the production and recording were some of the worst I've ever heard. I swear to god the No Life Till Leather bootleg sounded better, and THAT sounded like it was recorded in the restroom of a concert next to a stall where someone with constipation was struggling to drop a deuce.
I just could never listen to anything by them again after that one...

I've been a big metallica fan for almost as long as I can remember. I was maybe 7 or 8 when I heard Enter Sandman on the radio and loved it. I was a little metal head in the making.

I've seen them live 3 times and they put on a great show each time. If I lived anywhere near Anaheim, I'd be there in a heartbeat.

so your saying you listen to shitty bands who could never land a label and arent worth a dime? ok

Those "shitty bands" aren't doing anything different than what the bands on labels had to do before they got onto labels. Some don't aspire to be on labels.

Just because you make it onto a label doesn't mean dick anymore, especially in today's world of Youtube, vimeo, and other avenues where you can publish your own work yourself, promote yourself globally on your own, and cut out the middle man. The only difference is the record label provides the schlubs who can do all that for you, so the most important decision you have to make everyday, is how sober you plan on being today.

Hopefully they have a set like in Through the Never. That movie was bad ass.

so your saying you listen to shitty bands who could never land a label and arent worth a dime? ok

in this day and age that statement is extremely far off.

first a label doesn't dictate what is good anymore, all the label dictates is what they can manipulate into the biggest return on investment.

second, in this day and age the need for a label is extremely diminished, it's not the same as it was 20 years ago where you get signed and that's pro music. now people can make professional albums in their house if they take the time to learn. the same goes for merch.

quality of music does not necessitate an overseeing middleman to tell me it's good.

also <3 piracy, i don't make any excuses or justifications, other than I found many bands that otherwise i would have not, many of which i have in fact purchased merchandise from directly, or hell, even just donated to them.

Suing people for millions of dollars. Prove to me that the people who downloaded those songs would have otherwise bought them instead. A pirated song does not equal a lost sale. Period.
What the F is wrong with you? You think you're entitled to the songs even if you don't want to pay for them? People like you make me sick.

....... THAT sounded like it was recorded in the restroom of a concert next to a stall where someone with constipation was struggling to drop a deuce.
I just could never listen to anything by them again after that one...

lol

you should check out death magnetic, it's actually really good.

So artists don't deserve just money for their work? This board is out of hand with the support of piracy

It's the record companies that really rip off musicians, not pirates. Most musicians end up making nothing from album sales.

Music pirates end up buying more music than non-pirates.

It's better than Blink 182 - they were TERRIBLE last year. IMO the Foo Fighters were the best they've ever had. That was a good show. (Yes I'm spoiled living in S. CA - I get to do these things all the time)

I think it was just the wrong band for that crowd, in that particular instance. I admit I'm a big Blink fan, but they really weren't that bad.

So artists don't deserve just money for their work? This board is out of hand with the support of piracy

Anger toward the RIAA and MPAA for their bully tactics is not an endorsement of piracy. They have leveled lawsuits at innocent people, some that don't even have computers, and used their legal and financial might to extort money in the form of settlements from people that couldn't afford a legal defense. They turned their litigation practices into a for-profit business model. Some people actually were able to fight back, and they RIAA has lost pretty much every lawsuit where someone was able to put up a defense where they were wrongly accused. Anyone with any sense of decency should find the RIAA's tactics offensive.

The problem with the whole "piracy is making us bleed money" argument from the record labels is that the pirates would not buy their music anyway. You can't count as a "loss" something you didn't sell. Those "losses" are nothing but a hypothetical projection that they use to say "See? We would have made this much more money if not for those pirating kids!" in order to pacify their shareholders. The problem with that logic is that they don't know how many people actually pirate, so they have to pull a number out of their asses to justify their scapegoating. Well, guess what? If nobody pirated anything they still would not have sold what they claim to have lost. The same outcome happens financially if the pirate boogeyman is removed from the picture, but because they've made piracy into this huge boogeyman they have a scapegoat for flagging profits and poor sales. No, it couldn't be that the crap they're peddling isn't worth buying, it's got to be those damn dirty pirates! They then use that contrived crisis to justify their aggressive litigation practices.

So does this mean I support piracy? No. I own my music on CD's. I own my movies on DVD and Blu-Ray. I own every video game I have - bought and paid for. That being said, the RIAA can go fuck itself for suing people first and asking questions later.

good, i will go there and shove the death magnetic limited edition i bought up james' or lars' ass. everything since the black album is an insult to heavy metal (st anger anyone...).

Metallica lead the fight against piracy because they are one of the FEW bands that own their master recordings and the record companies lease the rights to distribute them.
Most signed bands don't own shit and make all their money touring.
Many new artists realize this, and no longer sign with record labels, choosing instead to distribute themselves through iTunes and Google Play. People listen to am/fm radio less and less and internet radio like Pandora more and more, there is no more MTV that plays music videos, and if you want to see music videos, you go to You Tube.
Record companies are a dying model no longer needed, only perceived as needed. All an artist needs is a few big You Tube videos and a good promoter to arrange their tours.
If only record companies kept up with modern times instead of fighting digital distribution....
If only the MP3 had never been invented...
If only MTV still played videos instead of shitty reality TV....
But hey, Pandora and Google Play are my new best friends.

Black Album was great imo. I could also see them playing greatest hits for a show like Blizzcon.

They do put on a wicked show, from what I remember :p

I can't remember ever being disappointed after one of their concerts.
Although, I haven't gone to one since the re-hashed err re-loaded era :rolleyes:

Why don't they just get the composers for WarCraft, StarCraft, and Diablo to play some of their music live. It might even be relevant.

They did that with Video Games Live at the 2007 and 2008 Blizzcons. It was pretty awesome actually.

Back