Metallica Shapes Live Performances Around Most Popular Tracks on Spotify

Fight it out Guys - both winners in my book!

I love them both. ;)

Same. My three favorite bands were Metallica, Megadeth, and Anthrax during my 80s childhood up through highschool in the early 90s. SoWN is an album I still listen to in entirety, and it never gets old. It's my all-time favorite album...start to finish - it just resonates with me.

Let's not forget about this PC-gaming related gem!

\\m//

My neck is going to be extremely sore tomorrow after following this thread.

Sorry for not posting more megadeth, im on my crappy mobile now.

Re above post i loved all three as well but really lost my taste for Anthrax in the 90s :p

Same. My three favorite bands were Metallica, Megadeth, and Anthrax during my 80s childhood up through highschool in the early 90s. SoWN is an album I still listen to in entirety, and it never gets old. It's my all-time favorite album...start to finish - it just resonates with me.

I raise you a Public Enemy!

Ok guys n gals. Just in case no one noticed, here is the same song done by both bands with diff lyrics.

This is the album that started it all for me...and was the first cassette tape I ever bought back in 1983 when I was 7yo!

Ac-dc-Dirty-Deeds-Done-Dirt-Cheap.jpg

And another influential VarAr album that expanded my taste for metal.

Slave-to-the-Metal.jpeg

I've always liked the older Metallica stuff, and certainly the older singles that everyone enjoys are really good. However, I think that the black album was the most musically put together Metallica that I enjoy the most.

There was some questionable stuff in between Black and Hardwired. Load and Reload had some decent stuff. St. Anger was just not good for a lot of people. Death Magnetic had a couple really good ones: Broken, Beat and Scared, The day that never comes, and Cyanide. I liked the S&M concept and think it turned out well, especially watching the DVD.

Then we come to Hardwired... Turns out it's really good for me: Hardwired, Atlas Rise, Now that were dead, moth into a flame, Spit out the bone, and Here comes revenge.

Can't believe I've never seen them live yet. Excited to see them early 2019.

Kirk Hammett is an objectively terrible guitarist. His tone, phrasing and vibrato are wretched. Even the little technical skill he had he's lost over the past several years; he's sloppy as hell and fucks up more live than any well-known metal guitarist I can think of. The only reason James and Lars keep him around is because he is a meek yes-man who won't challenge them.

(Rob's singing is almost as bad as Kirk's playing in this video)

Kirk Hammett is an objectively terrible guitarist. His tone, phrasing and vibrato are wretched. Even the little technical skill he had he's lost over the past several years; he's sloppy as hell and fucks up more live than any well-known metal guitarist I can think of. The only reason James and Lars keep him around is because he is a meek yes-man who won't challenge them.

That's horrible. Maybe he was tired that day. ;) ;) ;)

This song would have been great live, assuming you're already drunk.

Cool story bro!

Where's your grammy?

Went to a concert back in the 90s and had an amazing time. Then Lars fell in love with a golden fountain or something so I tried this mental gymnastics thing where you kill someone in your mind and stop spending money on them

Double wrong, Beatles & Lead Zeppelin are the 2 most overrated bands in history.
Whether you like their music or not, the influence that the Beatles and Led Zeppelin had on music can be measured. Metallica... not so much.

Whether you like their music or not, the influence that the Beatles and Led Zeppelin had on music can be measured. Metallica... not so much.

Some of their songs I like, more of their obscure offerings, I just know that they wouldn't be who they were if they were on the other side of history.

Did they pay royalties and get permission from all of these bands before they did this?

Ofcourse, but New Kids On the Block put on a great show right?

L0L even though their music blows there sound and stage presence was much cleaner and the boobie flash to drunktard ratio was 100:1. I took my then girlfriend who became my wife so I at least got the prize.

Back