Metal tower reservoir with fins?

Suicidal Insanity

Limp Gawd
I remember finding a reservoir made out of metal with fins a couple of years ago, but lost my bookmark. It looks sort of like the zalman reservator except it did not have a pump etc in it. Am I imagining things or does/did this exist?

Google XSPC Passive Aluminium Reservoir

Passive reservoir, I don"t think they make them any more, just a gimmick anyway.

Last edited:
your link...there is something wrong.

Google the last part of the his link and it'll pop up. That website is blocked on [H] for some reason.

And derp to my earlier post. Those aren't reservoirs, but my mind got hung up on the Zalman Reservator part of OP's post. :eek:

Google XSPC Passive Aluminium Reservoir

Passive reservoir, I don"t think they make them any more, just a gimmick anyway.

Yup thats exactly what I meant. I was thinking of switching to an external res and I do not trust the plastic ones.

I wouldn't use it, unless the part that comes in contact with water is brass or something like that. Copper + aluminum = corrosion.

Well short of only using copper fittings I am going to be mixing metals anyhow, so I don't worry about that. The aluminium aquatube has been working fine for the last 10 years.

Well short of only using copper fittings I am going to be mixing metals anyhow, so I don't worry about that. The aluminium aquatube has been working fine for the last 10 years.

It's not about mixing metals. It's about certain mixes of metals. Copper with what most fittings are made of are fine, which I believe is either brass or iron, plated with chrome or nickel. The only mix to avoid is copper and aluminum. Copper with most other metals is fine.

I'm fairly sure my aquatube is aluminum, so I would be replacing one aluminum res with a different one. However I cant find this in stock anywhere anyhow.

Back