Metal Gear Survive Official PC System Requirements Released

rgMekanic

[H]ard|News
Metal Gear Survive is coming out next month on Steam, and today Konami has unveiled it's official requirements. For minimum requirements they list an Intel Core i5-4460 , 4GB of RAM and an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 (2GB) graphics card. For recommended an i7-4790, 8GB of RAM and an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 graphics card. The game will also require 20GB of free hard drive space.

I wish that companies would take the hint from FarCry 5 and release system specs based on resolution and framerate. Although now that Kojima is gone it's tough to say how many people will be buying Metal Gear Survive anyway.

METAL GEAR SURVIVE is a spin off from the main METAL GEAR SOLID V story that takes place in a strange alternative universe. Create your own character and learn to survive. Scavenge resources, craft weapons, build a base camp and explore the unknown while developing the survival skills necessary in this hostile environment.

I'm amazed it's only 20GB. Seems like the minimum these days is at least 35-40.

Funny, and also sad because it is probably true.

I hope nobody buys this game.
So what is this game? Metal gear solid V rehashed into a survival game?
Is the name survive meaningful to the game itself or is it just a question like, will the metal gear series survive after this?

This game is BASICALLY a mod of MGSV, in fact, I've seen better total conversions done to other games by people who didn't get paid...

It looks interesting, kind of like a State of Decay crossed with Metal Gear, but I think I will stick with State of Decay.

Is the name survive meaningful to the game itself or is it just a question like, will the metal gear series survive after this?

I've been paying so little attention I couldn't even tell you. But, after the unfinished fiasco that was MGSV (don't get me wrong, the gameplay was amazing but the game was obviously unfinished) and the way Konami handled the whole Kojima situation (and I don't have a ton of sympathy for Kojima, because he's a whacko, but still the guy IS the franchise) I have zero desire to buy this DLC-ridden mess.

From the sounds of it, they took an SP game series known for its elaborate stories and are trying to milk the name to cash in on the MP and zombie craze. Seems similar to GR Wildlands but with zombies; a co-op game that somewhat functions as an mediocre SP game. Seems this is the best you can hope for if you like SP games these days.

Pass. But then again, I'm the guy that would get excited for my friends who loved the game, but I could never finish one or put up with playing through any of them for more than a few hours. I'm not saying they are bad games, but whatever it was that was so damn magical about them, I never got it.

From what I've seen, it appears to be rehashed MGSV maps/assets into a horde mode ripe for microtransactions.

With one added benefit, you don't have to sit behind a credits roll of 10minutes to see Kojima's name come up 20 times for every map. So, there's that.

I know it's sacrilege, but I wasn't even interested enough in Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain to finish it. Maybe I'll finish it one of these days, but there is now way I would even entertain the idea of buying a Konami only MGS game.

Agree
Metal gear survive : the game that will try and see if the series "Metal Gear" can "Survive" without Kojima. Game play will involve getting people to pay for it based on its name.

:p

Theirs a huge chunk of the crowd that will jump on it regardless, that and plus if its halfway good itll draw a few new and old. If I ever get to try it, itll probably be through a blind bundle:( I mean we kinda get all kinds of games these days from crazzy studios (I'm thinking "Prey" here) just not necessarily in the franchise we want....it might be time to find better idles:)

Definitely a pass. This is obvious franchise milking. It's like they are testing how obvious they can make it. For Metal Gear games, you really need the patience to play them and sit through the long cutscenes (that MGSV was lacking). It gives it that whole.... cinematic feeling. MGSV was a great game for gameplays sake (aside from the 'not complete' part) but seriously lacking in the cinematics and lore. I would mark MGS4 as the height of the series. Too bad it's ONLY on playstation. I held onto my PS3 for the longest time JUST for that game and the backwards compatibility to play MGS1, but eventually gave in and sold it.

Theirs a huge chunk of the crowd that will jump on it regardless, that and plus if its halfway good itll draw a few new and old. If I ever get to try it, itll probably be through a blind bundle:( I mean we kinda get all kinds of games these days from crazzy studios (I'm thinking "Prey" here) just not necessarily in the franchise we want....it might be time to find better idles:)

True MGS fans see for what this is, a cash grab. We've moved on and now awaiting Kojima's Death Stranding.

This is the original Metal Gear a promo ad in Nintendo Fun Club before it became Nintendo Power.

metal+gear+nes+ad+001.jpg

Back