Bad_Boy

2[H]4U
megspocover.jpg

So, anybody getting this? :)

Some reviews:

IGN: 9.0
http://psp.ign.com/articles/749/749133p1.html

Gamespot: 9.0
http://www.gamespot.com/psp/action/...=6162832&part=rss&tag=gs_reviews&subj=6162832

1up (gah): 9.5
http://www.1up.com/do/reviewPage?cId=3155667

Also some videos on http://www.gametrailers.com/

Forget the reviews.

The real question is....
How much is this, and what firmware does it use?

LeviathanZERO said:
Forget the reviews.

The real question is....

It probably cost 40 with maybe FW 2.8? Who knows...anyways im getting it tomorrow...i cant wait.

LeviathanZERO said:
Forget the reviews.

The real question is....
$39.99, and I think 2.8 firmware or something. I don't believe its a 3.0 game.

It's what MGS always should have been on the PSP...not some shitty card game..

finally an A1 title to exploit the psp. If this had come out over a year ago I might not have sold my psp :/

I had this preordered and was planning to get a PSP this month, figuring that in addition to this I'd also be able to download PS1 games and play them. Since you've got to have a PS3 in order to download PS1 games to PSP (who's retarded idea was that, anyway?), I said fuck it and cancelled my preorder for it. I'm sure it's going to be good, but there's no way I'm dropping $199 on the system so I can play the *one* good game available.

Bad_Boy said:
$39.99, and I think 2.8 firmware or something. I don't believe its a 3.0 game.

hmm...
2.8 eh? TA-082 says no.

oh well. not really a fan anymore... this should of come out 2 years ago. would of been a way better purchase than MGS3.

LeviathanZERO said:
hmm...
2.8 eh? TA-082 says no.
Not sure, I know its not a 3.0 game though. Atleast I'm pretty sure. :p
LeviathanZERO said:
oh well. not really a fan anymore... this should of come out 2 years ago. would of been a way better purchase than MGS3.
Not sure I understand, the story of MGS:pO is a continuation of MGS3.

jaguax said:
Any idea how many hours it takes to beat?
I've heard around 15-20 hours. Not counting multiplayer.

Just started playing it, so far it is really good. Seems to stay true to the MGS theme (not counting the previous MGS games on the PSP). Graphics are great and I have no problem with the controls. Very fun. :)

DragonMasterAlex said:
I had this preordered and was planning to get a PSP this month, figuring that in addition to this I'd also be able to download PS1 games and play them. Since you've got to have a PS3 in order to download PS1 games to PSP (who's retarded idea was that, anyway?), I said fuck it and cancelled my preorder for it. I'm sure it's going to be good, but there's no way I'm dropping $199 on the system so I can play the *one* good game available.

AFAIK that is only till the new yr, I remember reading somewhere that after Christmas it will be possible to dl straight to PSP.

Seems you have made your mind up about how shit Sony are tho :rolleyes:

Tigerblade said:
AFAIK that is only till the new yr, I remember reading somewhere that after Christmas it will be possible to dl straight to PSP.

Seems you have made your mind up about how shit Sony are tho :rolleyes:
Not to mention the psp only having one good game comment. wtf? lol

DragonMasterAlex said:

Oh lordy not the one good game thing, lets please not have to look at actual facts again ;) The other posts are right though, pc download capability is supposed to come early next year. I'm psyched cause the games are so cheap and there look to be some good releases.

Bad_Boy said:
Not sure I understand, the story of MGS:pO is a continuation of MGS3.

I did not like MGS3. I bought it on release and just never got into it. Played maybe 3 hours and got tired.

2 had a ludicrous story, but it was a much better game, IMO.

I did not know that this game came out so soon, i just kinda figured it would suck and forgot about it. But i'm a MGS nut, when i got MGS3, i played through it in one 16 hour sitting :D With this getting good reviews i'm super psyched to grab it up today after class.

LeviathanZERO said:
I did not like MGS3. I bought it on release and just never got into it. Played maybe 3 hours and got tired.

2 had a ludicrous story, but it was a much better game, IMO.
You stand alone on that one. lol

ya it works with devhook .51 for all those with lower firmwares still

The18thLetter said:
You stand alone on that one. lol
Oh I know.
I think it is the whole "movie/game" thing that I'm not really into anymore.
Just dont have time for 30 minute cut scenes anymore. Honestly its not even the cut scenes really, its the fact that I am holding a controller for 30 minutes. I want to play.

MGS3 has a lot more gameplay than 2 did. Plus there are no longer 2 hour conversations with your emo girlfriend.

Furthermore, if you only played 3 hours of MGS3, than you are missing out on quite possibly the best MGS storyline of all 3 (excluding this new one because I haven't played it). I mean damn, the ending is friggin epic, capable of making even Chuck Norris cry, and the whole game makes sense to boot. :)

I agree, MGS3 is probably my favorite one out of all of them. You really are missing out.

Back