Metal Gear Solid 1998 Intro: 4K Unreal Engine Remake

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
While the original Metal Gear Solid intro retains its charm, artist Erasmus Brosdau has decided to upgrade the classic cutscene to modern standards with the help of Unreal Engine 4. The stealth action title was already remade in 2004 (“The Twin Snakes”), but Brosdau’s work is stirring the dreams of fans who want to revisit Shadow Moses on newer hardware.

Everything is real-time rendered with Unreal Engine 4 and made by Erasmus Brosdau with usage of various marketplace assets. Audio is slightly remastered, new sound FX added, slightly other edits with new shots, and a brand-new start menu animation to bring it to 2018 game quality.

I'll admit, I'd like to play modernized remakes of the first two Metal Gear games as well as Metal Gear Solid. I only played MGS5 and found it over rated, but the lore is interesting. I think with linear mission progression you'll be able to skip most of the shortcomings of MGSV.

saw this a couple hours ago, was pretty cool. I agree^ remakes of the first three would do well and gain new younger franchise followers

Never seen the original, but I imagine it wasn't this pretty. I suppose doing things like this is a great way to at least get yourself a job interview in the business. Gotta have a portfolio!

It's ironic. While there have been more than a few 'remasters' that basically were nothing more than a way for a double dip and shoveled into 64 bit for current consoles(Marvel Ultimate Alliance, Skyrim, more I'm sure), occasionally some have been true to the claim. The teaser in all this are the many, many fans who regularly post either a game in progress or level remade in Unreal 4 or some such. I downloaded a Tomb Raider that was awesome as well as a Crysis recently. Yet to fire up Enderall. Couldn't even tell how many I've seen on DSOG-seems like one every other day. Part of the irony is while we would all nitpick a half baked remake, I think most of us would praise projects like this seen all the way through.

I had such a shitty TV when it came out that to be honest I never really knew what was going on in that intro. It was dark on dark with crushed blacks.

Nice to finally see it

This is awesome. While I'm glad Kojima can move on to other things in life, I would have loved a proper remake of MGS in modern fidelity...

Would love it but I have a feeling Konami will fuck it up somehow with their bullshit behaviors.

While I think it llooks great, I'm not sure a remake would be a good idea.

The gameplay is too simplistic by today standards. And I really don't trust konami on doing a reboot that would make justice to the original

For now, the best looking version would be for the gamecube. I played it a few months ago at 4k and it looks pretty good.

While I think it llooks great, I'm not sure a remake would be a good idea.

The gameplay is too simplistic by today standards. And I really don't trust konami on doing a reboot that would make justice to the original

For now, the best looking version would be for the gamecube. I played it a few months ago at 4k and it looks pretty good.

It is not that easy to legally get your hands on the Gamecube version. Maybe they could remake that version with a modern graphics engine?

Back