metal gear comming to xbox 360 !

mista ting

Gawd
mgs4xbox360oj1.png

pic never gets old :D!

Err, yeah it does. MGS was 50GB, so at most it would have needed 6 DVD's, and that's assuming you didn't bother to compress the audio.

When I first saw that a couple years ago I thought it was pretty damn funny. Since the new MG game is going to be on 360 I don't think it's quite as funny since I'm sure Sony somehow hand their mitts on the decision to 'go all out' on MGS 4 so it will not come to 360. I can't get all riled up about it though since I do appreciate brand loyalty and am very disappointed with Square's decision to bring FF XIII to 360.

Oooh... old as f*ck.

Not to mention just a tad over the top as the game was actually 30gb on the PS3 which would have meant it would have likely ended up as something like 4 discs and 1 for multiplayer.

I do appreciate brand loyalty and am very disappointed with Square's decision to bring FF XIII to 360.

hahahahahaha

Oh man, you can't write this stuff.

because it's appropriate though -

Square just shot themselves in the foot.

I don’t know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I’m an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It’s not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the japanese public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase FFXIII for either system, nor will they purchase any of Square’s games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Square has alienated an entire market with this move.

Square, publicly apologize and cancel FFXIII for 360 or you can kiss your business goodbye.

When I first saw that a couple years ago I thought it was pretty damn funny. Since the new MG game is going to be on 360 I don't think it's quite as funny since I'm sure Sony somehow hand their mitts on the decision to 'go all out' on MGS 4 so it will not come to 360. I can't get all riled up about it though since I do appreciate brand loyalty and am very disappointed with Square's decision to bring FF XIII to 360.

I'm just the opposite: I despise brand loyalty and think it's something only for the very, very stupid. Unless said company is cutting you a check for your loyalty, they don't deserve a nickel's worth of it. I spend my money where it brings the most benefit to *me*. Fuck brands and the corporations they rode in on :)

hahahahahaha

I don’t know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I’m an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It’s not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the japanese public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase FFXIII for either system, nor will they purchase any of Square’s games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Square has alienated an entire market with this move.

Square, publicly apologize and cancel FFXIII for 360 or you can kiss your business goodbye.

so you are saying Japan is fanboi extraordinaire?

that's utter BS.

It is. Didn't really stop that epic meltdown though. :)

Well, and even if it weren't exclusive in Japan, he made it out to be a far bigger deal than it really is. There is zero chance that FF13 is going to fail anywhere in the world, even if it turns out to be the biggest turd ever crapped (and I don't think it will, I'm just saying that there are enough mindless fanboys in the world to make the game a success with no respect whatsoever to its quality).

hahahahahaha

Japanese culture is all about loyalty. That's why the 360 doesn't sell for shit over there. I don't have a problem with that. I think that if a company treats you well and bends over backwards for you, as a developer you should do that same. Square basically dissed Sony by doing what they did.
I'm just the opposite: I despise brand loyalty and think it's something only for the very, very stupid. Unless said company is cutting you a check for your loyalty, they don't deserve a nickel's worth of it. I spend my money where it brings the most benefit to *me*. Fuck brands and the corporations they rode in on :)
There's a difference between blind loyalty/fanboism and treating a company with the same respect they treated you. If someone you worked with was always there for you and always had your back when you needed them, but when they needed you, you would just shrug them off? It's the same thing.

Japanese culture is all about loyalty. That's why the 360 doesn't sell for shit over there. I don't have a problem with that. I think that if a company treats you well and bends over backwards for you, as a developer you should do that same. Square basically dissed Sony by doing what they did.

ah, I didn't see that. Sorry!

Backstabbing is not appreciated in any culture.

Last edited:
Japanese culture is all about loyalty. That's why the 360 doesn't sell for shit over there. I don't have a problem with that. I think that if a company treats you well and bends over backwards for you, as a developer you should do that same. Square basically dissed Sony by doing what they did.There's a difference between blind loyalty/fanboism and treating a company with the same respect they treated you. If someone you worked with was always there for you and always had your back when you needed them, but when they needed you, you would just shrug them off? It's the same thing.

hahaha

It's a real post from someone else that has become a legendary internet joke. And bigdogchris unironically agrees with it, which is hilarious.

Ah. I thought he meant Japanese consumers only buy PS3's over the xbox360 because its from Japan, and that was the sole reason.

Or something like that.

Japanese culture is all about loyalty. That's why the 360 doesn't sell for shit over there. I don't have a problem with that. I think that if a company treats you well and bends over backwards for you, as a developer you should do that same. Square basically dissed Sony by doing what they did.There's a difference between blind loyalty/fanboism and treating a company with the same respect they treated you. If someone you worked with was always there for you and always had your back when you needed them, but when they needed you, you would just shrug them off? It's the same thing.

It's NOT the same thing in any way, shape or form. No company "has your back," that's just fantasy. They are there for a single purpose: to turn a profit. They don't give a shit about you, me, or anyone else.

What Square did is PROOF of this paradigm; they turned their back on Sony because Sony had so fucked up with PS3 that Square was in a position to lose money if they didn't go multiplatform; they chose to do what was best *for themselves*. And, more to the point, I'd say they were RIGHT to do so. It's not like this is the first time Square has done this; you might remember that once upon a time, Square games were exclusive to Nintendo platforms.

Corporations--ALL corporations--ultimately go in the direction that it's their best interest to go in. And that's the way it should be for them, and for consumers. I owned a PS1 and over 60 games (still do, in fact). I owned a PS2 and over 50 games. I bought a PSP and maybe 8 or so games. But PS3? Sony spit in the face of me and every other customer they had when they introduced PS3 at $600 and said "work more hours." As a result of their arrogance and shitty attitude, I didn't buy a PS3-I bought a 360, and a Wii.

I'll be buying a PS3 slim on black friday, because it's finally at a reasonable price and is finally not as big as a house, but that's not out of any sense of loyalty-which would be ridiculous-it's because they finally have enough games I want to play at a price I'm willing to pay. And that's the long and short of it, really.

*laughing* well this thread is flamebait (and retardedly old at that) but bigdogchris: I think Capcom would disagree with you and your assessment. Pretty funny actually that you think a 3rd party company should have loyalty to another company. Uh...NO! hahahh!

I would swear I read this exact same thing somewhere on gaf few months back.

Could be, I'm just wondering if people copy and save others posts and use them later or if he's the same guy just repeating himself all over the internet.

Could be, I'm just wondering if people copy and save others posts and use them later or if he's the same guy just repeating himself all over the internet.

All it took was a simple google search to find the post, since it's got thousands of google pages. It's a classic after all.

Back