Metal fabrication kit - $89.99

jpmkm

That Ain't Mayo On My Lip...
I couldn't decide whether to post this in cool cases or here, but it is a hot deal so I am posting it here. Just got the harbor freight email and this caught my eye. It is a metal fabrication kit. I thought maybe some of you guys who like to build cases(or who want to but don't have the tools) would like this. Original price $199 on sale for $89. I really want one of these but I just can't afford to spend the money on it right now. :(

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=34104

Originally posted by NOTD665
Anyone with any experience with that place?

the tools are great and CHEAP.. Complete knock-offs of namebrands..

It's fun just to look around..

Harbor Freight is great. They have good quality tools at very competitive prices. Also, they have many retail locations throughout the U.S. I would definitely recommend them.

its like the dollar store of tools

but it is great

i just got an electric welding mask for $49 and does the same as the $250 ones at lowes

Harbor Freight is great, but take into account that it may take you 1.5-2 weeks to get things on occasion since they dropship pretty much everything, it seems.

Also, that unit can only work with up to 18ga. material (.048") and I believe that most cases, etc are made of 16ga. material (.060"). So it might not be quite as strong as you'd like it to be... then again, it may be underrated as well. *shrug*

it seems kinda cheap. in thebad way i mean too. i do metal fab and i would not work with it. i have a seperate tool for each one of those jobs. it might do the job, but it would struggle. its like using every tool on a swiss army knife. ya it has plenty of tools but would you get quality work from it?

If we were talking about everyday use we wouldn't be seriously considering Harbor Freight. For the lot of us, metal fabrication isn't a serious, frequent endeavor where the best tools are needed for the job. In this sense, it may be better to save a little money by going with Harbor Freight.

yea harbor frieght is ok cuz its cheap. But my work tried to buy some cheap saws from them and after using them for a straight 8 hour shift they were broke in a day.

Back