Messed up screen protector install FloLab brand

Zorachus

[H]F Junkie
Per the highly rated reviews, I bought this tempered glass screen protector for my iPhone 12 Pro Max;

https://flolab.io/collections/iphon...s/products/iphone-12-pro-max-screen-protector

I love how it covers the full phone, notch and all. The product itself seems EXCELLENT, and the packing was great, and comes with the guard to help put the protector on properly. Overall this is a very high end protector, and was exactly what I was looking for. Seems top notch pretty much perfect.

But ugh, I screwed up installing it. I cleaned the phone well I thought, and then went to lay it on the screen, and the first half sucked down perfect, and was looking awesome, then the last 1/3rd of the screen had a few little bubbles, I went to fix that, but made it worse, making it actually dirty underneath, and those bubbles, that were just a couple, turned into 7 or 8 little bubble dots, that I can't get rid of whatsoever.

Does the Apple store or BestBuy sell full coverage screen protectors, that they can apply for me? I don't like the ones with the notch cutout.

I don't know about the Apple store or BestBuy. But I do know that Costco will sell you Apple screen protectors and apply them perfectly for you. Call them first to verify if they have the type of protector you are seeking for your phone.

I have observed them doing it, and you can read about that service here.

FYI the ones that cover the notch cause all sorts of issues since it’s covering the sensors and camera. It works, but weird stuff tends to happen.

There are other brands like amfilm that give you 2 in a pack and also include a plastic tray/guide affixed to the protector called ‘one touch’ that makes the install idiot proof. Like $8 on Amazon. If you’re paying more than that for a single screen protector, you’re buying overpriced garbage.

Last edited:
FYI, when cleaning your screen before applying most people don’t realize how important the stickers are. Once you wipe off everything with the alcohol and dry, get a light on the screen and use a sticker to pull off the few dust specs that remain. If you don’t do this step you’ll almost always have crap leftover.

I blow air across (compressed air can in the past, an electric one nowadays) to keep the dust off. The stickers I use to remove dust that got stuck on the protector.

I personally don't like the tempered glass screen protectors. They tend to break very very easily. You think you are saving the screen with those but it just seems that way because the littlest piece of dirt in your pocket can cause them to crack.

The last screen protectors I used were the nice matte multi-layer ones. Keeps the screen better protected AND you don't have to worry about breaking it every few days / weeks.

I don't even have a screen protector on my current phone which is a Google Pixel 3. I've had it a little over two years and it is still just fine. The new screens that are being made don't really need protectors IMO. Maybe Apple stuff is a different story.

You think you are saving the screen with those but it just seems that way because the littlest piece of dirt in your pocket can cause them to crack.

That only happens if you're wearing vacuum-sealed, skintight pants with 0 flexibility in the pockets.

I’ve never had a screen protector break. On the other had, I’ve absolutely had screens scratched by coins, keys, dogs, dumbass wife, etc that a screen protector would protect. Doesn’t matter the phone brand. They aren’t making the phone display out of sapphire crystal.

Further, if the protector did break; Great, I’ve got two more to replace it with since most come in a 3 pack for 8 bucks.

Wish these screen protector makers stop painting on the black borders, had one for my phone and it cut off some of the viewable LCD area.

Back