[Meritline] Samsung Spinpoint F4 HD204UI 2TB -- $71.99 shipped AC

SolidBladez

Supreme [H]ardness
170-531_1_.jpg

Website Link

Code: MLCSALEUS0502NL1 (For First 200 Orders)

$85.00 - $13.01 = $71.99 w/ free shipping

Note that it ships from their U.S. warehouse. :)

Ordered my last one from here. Came packed well. I think it was 74 bucks. It came within 3-5 days i think.

How's the noise on these drives? Looking for some quiet, reliable 2TB drives. I've read some reviews that these have a high pitched whine at idle?

Picked up 4 of these for a NAS when newegg had them for $75/ea

I am not sure I would call them silent, but they are definitely the best low-budget RAID capable 2TB drives out there. No problems so far, and very fast.

Damn you OP. I said when they hit $70 again I am going to get one or two more. I have absolutely no need for them but with the merger I want to get in before Seagate goes and, well, does whatever it does to kill their hard drives.

/bites nails

I got one of these but I don't know about buying a second now that seagate owns them. If you warranty one youll probably get a seagate back with questionable quality once stock dwindles.

Question: These will have the fixed firmware on them?

I bought mine about a month ago, and the build date was the day after they fixed the firmware (December something), so I updated mine just in case. I would think anything from Jan 2011 and on you would be fine.

Damn you OP. I said when they hit $70 again I am going to get one or two more. I have absolutely no need for them but with the merger I want to get in before Seagate goes and, well, does whatever it does to kill their hard drives.

/bites nails
+1

HD204UI, will you marry me?

Back