Meridian phone systems and conference phones?

Nate7311

2[H]4U
Anyone work with Meridian phone systems?

Got a client with one and he wants to add a conference phone (they like the Polycom Soundstation style)

Will the Meridian systems provide normal dialtone like a Partner II/ACS system?

It is a digital system so you would need an analog line card to tie in a Polycom Soundstation conference phone. Does the system have an existing analog line card?

As far as I know the Meridian can do digital and analog, just depends what type of line equipment I guess... I'm not really familiar with the programming/setup of them though. When I used to work at the hospital they had one and they had lot of analog phones along with some that were digital. Ex: even an analog phone could dial another phone by extension, so it was part of the PBX, just a different phone. The analog phones were phones you'd use at home as far as I know.

I may be wrong though... maybe analog simply meant a different format but not the same as POTS. But pretty sure they used standard POTS phones.

If they need a dedicated analog line card, then I'll have to go digging into the telco closet to see what I can find. It's a surgical firm, and they've had their meridian system FOREVER, which isn't suprising.

If they need a dedicated analog line card, then I'll have to go digging into the telco closet to see what I can find. It's a surgical firm, and they've had their meridian system FOREVER, which isn't suprising.

Check the PBX itself to see if it already has one. It will likely be clearly marked (if it the same ssytem I'm thinking of).

Back