Mercedes Delivery Vans Now Have Robotic Carrier Pigeons

HardOCP News

[H] News
Who cares that Mercedes is using drones on delivery vans? I want this feature on my old muscle car. Imagine all the stuff you could do with a drone specifically for use with your car. The multi angle burnout videos would be epic. :D

Each drone can fly with items weighing up to 4.4 pounds as far as six miles, making it easier to drop off items in places that are tough to reach on four wheels. They’re made of carbon fiber and aluminum, and feature four 22-inch propellers. Similar models have already been used to help carry medicine to people in hard-to-reach areas, Mercedes said.

This way, UPS and Fedex delivery drivers can drop* your packages into your back yard or on your back deck rather than leave them insecure by your front door.

*from 100 feet up.

Did someone say "burnout videos"??

image.png

Geez Steve.. being a little greedy wanting drones on your Camaro.. it is already done more things than K.I.T.T. could ever have dreamed of doing!!

image.png

image.png

Nice, I had this same idea a few years back. Nice to see someone actually putting it into practice.

This way, UPS and Fedex delivery drivers can drop* your packages into your back yard or on your back deck rather than leave them insecure by your front door.

*from 100 feet up.

Then you get that one UPS or FEDEX driver who drops your package in the rain gutter 2-stories up. :D

So is that was got smashed into the front grille on that thing? Robot pidgeons.

Back