Meraki-like dashboard for Netgear Prosafe switches

Philj

n00b
Hi All

I've been using a couple of Meraki switches at home for the past few years. The hardware is already EOL and the licences are about to expire too. Rather than buy new Meraki kit and licences, I've bought a couple of Netgear Prosafe switches instead.

One of the things I really like about Meraki is the dashboard - see what's connected to each port, how much data is going through the switches, how much data per device etc.

Is there any way I can (sort of) create the Meraki dashboard for the Netgear switches? Is there a third party tool that can do this for me?

Thanks

Phil

What model switches? Highly doubt it - even if you were to piece meal your own together with the very limited data receivable from a Netgear, it would be nowhere robust or usable as Meraki. That is one of their major selling points is a clean dashboard that's highly accessible.

What model switches? Highly doubt it - even if you were to piece meal your own together with the very limited data receivable from a Netgear, it would be nowhere robust or usable as Meraki. That is one of their major selling points is a clean dashboard that's highly accessible.

Thanks for the reply. They're Netgear M4300 switches.

You bought M4300 switches for home? Aren't those expensive, too?

In any case, I don't have experience with those. Those seem to be at a price point where people are usually looking at something else.

Should have gone Ubiquiti Unifi for the switches. Then you could have a much better interface (in my opinion, I hate Meraki with a passion) and at a cheaper price point.

Back