memtest x86

AY786

Limp Gawd
lately, ive been getting bluescreens every 5 mins or so i have ran memtest for the first time. It has been about 2 hours now and already i have about 16 errors. Does this mean that i have bad memory? Also can memtest fix these problems and if so how?

No, it means your memory sticks are bad and need to be replaced asap before they corrupt your information or damage your system :(

Repeat test with only one stick of ram and then the other, maybe only one is bad.. If that is the case you can run with the one good stick until you get a replacement ram..

Memtest can not "fix" bad ram..

If your system is overclocked at all, you will need to drop it back down to stock settings and retest.

Also, memtest can give false positives in some rare cases. You did not specify what motherboard and RAM you are using so I can't help. Just make sure you are using the newest version of memtest and check the information on the memtest site to make sure it properly supports the chipset/processor you are using.

And remember, if you have the correct version of memtest, your system is not overclocked and your RAM timings are set to the proper settings then any errors in memtest indicate bad RAM.

i think i have bad ram, luckily i got it from crucial (ballistix version) and they have a lifetime warranty so that should help.

Back