Memory timings?

Roach

Limp Gawd
Another one of those question, I have the NF7-s Rev.2 and I was running my memory at 2.5-3-3-8 and then I heard that 2-2-2-11 was an optimal setting for the nforce boards.

So... I set to 2-2-2-11 but even with the highest voltage I couldn't hit it. Instead I went for 2-3-3-11 and it works good, I haven't run any benches so I don't know if its mathmatically faster but it seems like it to me.

My question is, is running my memoryat 2-3-3-11 good, or should I try something with a lower Tras like 5-8?

First set your mem clock to 200mhz.

Looks like your Buffalo cant handle 2-2-2-11. Try setting your Ras Precharge (TRP) down to 2 instead of 3, as that's usually allowed for non-BH5 chips. You can't ask anymore from your RAM after that :confused:

Originally posted by Unit-0
First set your mem clock to 200mhz.

Looks like your Buffalo cant handle 2-2-2-11. Try setting your Ras Precharge (TRP) down to 2 instead of 3, as that's usually allowed for non-BH5 chips. You can't ask anymore from your RAM after that :confused:

Yeah got my ram at 200 running it 1:1 with my barton. I didn't really think Buffalo would be able to get me 2-2-2-11 but just had to try. :)

I'll try and get the Ras to 2, but I was just wondering if having the Tras should be at 11 or should I try and get my ram to go lower?

The lowest I can get my Buffalo(winbond chips) is 2,3,2,11. This is Memtest86 and Prime95 stable also. You want to use 11, there is a big explanation behind it but in summary if you have it at 11 you get better performance.

Back