Memory Timings on DDR3

roaf85

2[H]4U
Is Patriot correct here? Figured the [H] would know. My last build was on DDR1 so some of these timings are foreign to me. Thanks in advance guys.

Motherboard: Asus P5P43TD (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131607)

Memory: Sector 5 G series 4 GB 2x2GB PC3-10666 1333mhz (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820220435)

My Question:

I have a question concerning some BIOS settings for these
ram sticks. It appeared that my board set the timings to 7-7-7-24 for
1066 mhz. When I move it to 1333 mhz it sets the timings to 9-9-9-27. No
biggy as I adjusted the row to 7-7-7-24, but I have no idea what to do
for the second and third row of timings. Also there are some timings on
the first row that I am clueless about? My bios looks like this:

http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/asus_p5qle/images/18.htm

Patriot Response:

The other values for the memory settings you do not need to adjust. The
only 4 settings you need to be adjust are TCL, TRCD, TRP and TRAS.

Thank you for choosing Patriot Memory.

PC_User

Supreme [H]ardness
Those are the only 4 settings you need to set. You can also set the Command Rate (CR) to 1T or 2T.

roaf85

2[H]4U
Those are the only 4 settings you need to set. You can also set the Command Rate (CR) to 1T or 2T.
Thank you for fast response PC_User. I doubt it will run 1T timings. I have never seen a stick pull 1T timings that I have owned, but then again I have not owned a lot of memory.

PC_User

Supreme [H]ardness
Thank you for fast response PC_User. I doubt it will run 1T timings. I have never seen a stick pull 1T timings that I have owned, but then again I have not owned a lot of memory.
Doesn't hurt to try. My DDR3 1600 G.Skill kit has been running at 1T for about 8 months now.

texuspete00

Supreme [H]ardness
That's weird how old is that sig, because I never had trouble running DDR1 platforms on 1T unless more than 2 modules were installed. AXP, A64, etc. Unless it's because you're running 2-2-3, but 1T is much more important.

I would have thought maybe you're only talking of your DDR3 experiences.

PC_User

Supreme [H]ardness
That's weird how old is that sig, because I never had trouble running DDR1 platforms on 1T unless more than 2 modules were installed. AXP, A64, etc. Unless it's because you're running 2-2-3, but 1T is much more important.

I would have thought maybe you're only talking of your DDR3 experiences.
Based on the original post, he is talking about DDR3. He probably just hasn't updated his signature yet.

texuspete00

Supreme [H]ardness
I see. I'm stupid I didn't even realize it was the OP. Yeah, I haven't yet done a build with DDR3. I am putting together an i7 rig myself. I'm just realizing 1T is harder to come by now. In fact, I just assumed my DDR2 was running 1T on my Core 2 Duo rig, I'll have to check.

Last edited: