Memory for via mini-itx system (C134 Chasis)

/dev/null

[H]F Junkie
Anyone know of a good place to get 512MB or 1GB ddr for a system based on C134 chasis? Logic supply has "ultra low profile" ddr for this but it is waaaaaaaaaaay beyond my budget. $142 for 512MB.

Anyone know exactly how high the memory can stand and still fit in that case? How about a source for a memory chip for this box outside of logic supply?

Blue Fox said:
The memory needs to be under 0.8". Mini-ITX.com carries them at a much lower price.

I can vouch for this memory being great... it's not the fastest in the world but we have several 1U systems that require small, unbuffered/non-registered memory that we ended up importing a few sticks of these, great modules indeed! :cool:

Thanks for the reply. Mini ITX does seem cheaper. Anyone know about 1GB sticks? How about a place in the US?

Edit: Shipping to the us is $46 :O

I might as well buy from logic supply for like $10 + shipping more.

I bought from bytewizecomputers.com for my c134, but they seem to have realized that they were selling at a good price and matched logicsupply.

I don't think 1G sticks exist in this small form factor.

Personally, I purchased a 256M stick just to get my C134 up and running, then purchased the 512 stick later, so I've taken it in the shorts on this memory twice. Now I have an uber-expensive 256M stick collecting dust. I really need to start ebaying my shit...

I've got the C134 but I didn't intend to put an optical in it, so I was able to use a std height 512 MB memory module. I did have to hack a a small amount of that aluminum piece that goes over the top of everything to make it work. Hope this pic explains what I did:

c134.jpg

Hm...just noticed kingston carries "very low profile" modules that are 0.72-0.73 of an inch high. I wonder if this would work....however it seems they are only available in ECC REGistered.

Link

Back