Mem usage is extremely high

Whitebread

[H]ard|Gawd
I'm running WinXp Home SP2 and my current mem usage tops out at 1.65gigs. The problem is that I only have Firefox( with 8 tabs open, no pics), thurderbird, an e-mail, memusage program, trillian, Windows explorer, Foobar and a downlaod manager(downloading a WoW trial). What the hell is going on? When I was running Win2kPro, my mem usage was NEVER this high(considering what I'm doing). When I first turn the comptuer on, mem usage is always around 450 megs. Anything I can do?

trojan/virus scan? run hijackthis. you definitely shouldnt be using 1.65gig. heh.

Here's my scan list, can anyone point out the spyware/trojans?
list.jpg

not seeing anything. Trojan/virus? Anyone else have an idea?

I closed Firefox and restarted it. Ram usage dropped from 1.3 gigs to 600megs. :mad:
People attack anyone who says the memory glitch isn't fixed. I still don't think it is.

Firefox leaks like a SEIVE.

1.75GB on my 2GB machine.

Love the damn software, but they need to fix it.

Yea, they still have not fixed it. You think they would have by now.

I'm not going through all that crap to fix it. I've just switched to Opera instead. It's definitely faster than FF.

IceDigger said:
Yea, they still have not fixed it. You think they would have by now.
Its especially ironic because in an interview, the creater harped about how Microsoft left IE6 without ANY revisions for years and nothing was fixed. Mozilla Firefox has had a mem usage problem for as long as I can remember.

Hypocrit. I wish I had a roll eyes smilie.

Back