Mellanox CX1 10gb Win11

TeleFragger

[H]ard|Gawd
I have been running the very old Mellanox CX1 (HP branded with fw 2.8 and 2.9) in Windows 10 for years and love it.
Just went to Windows 11 and tried my same steps...

install Win-OF 5.50 (MLNX_VPI_WinOF-5_50_50000_All_Win2016_x64.exe) and WinMFT (WinMFT_x64_3_5_0_16.exe)
I have a youbube video about it, also was helped greatly on this site getting it working...

Windows 11 sees the cards, says 10gb, but does not get a dhcp address from my router. I also statically set an ip address and cannot get out... so
not sure what to check or do..

yes i know , almost time to upgrade to something newer, better lol.. but it worked!!! and is still working in my win10 plex box, Server 2019 storage server, esxi 6.7....

what changed in Win11 to make it not work but appears to be working?
Card is seen and all.. just not sure what to try...
Thoughts? Greatly appreciated.
1683687085489.png

1683687090407.png

1683687092854.png

1683687229933.png

1683687541066.png

are you getting a gateway or did you set the gateway when static assigned? Can you ping the gateway and or router?

are you getting a gateway or did you set the gateway when static assigned? Can you ping the gateway and or router?

i have everything set to dhcp and get nothing...
set it all statically and nothing..

did not try and ping gateway but will try later tonight when i get home as I am at work now. It is really weird and wasnt sure if it was "Windows 11"

What does your switch show on the interface you're connected to?
Did you try the 2nd port on the NIC?
What kind of cable are you using? Did you try swapping that?
Do you have LINK / ACT lights blinking on the NIC? On the switchport?

I have a couple of Mellanox ConnectX cards, but haven't used them in years and ran them in IB mode back when I did.

Which model and what plug do you have on the cards? Are these CX4 (not ConnectX4, CX4 is a connector. It predates SFP+) 10Gb Ethernet+ 20Gb Infiniband cards? If so which mode are you using them in?

Not sure what to tell you about getting them working on win11. I think I was still on win7 when I quit using mine. I didn't really do anything with them in Windows. I had one in my desktop and it worked as a NIC in Windows, but I really only used them in Linux. Also I wasn't using ConnectX 1s for internet access. I was running them in IB mode and just used regular 1Gb Ethernet for internet access.

Back