MegaBots Really Happening....Finally

what's the start time?

Oh 25 minutes from this post.

I'll watch it to see if my prediction is true or not.

STILL NOT READY YET. 7:35 PDT.

Last edited:
This stream sucks, they don’t even have people giving a rundown of the bots and the fight rules.

And what the hell is the point of the American bot having a scissor lift to go up and down two feet? That just bad design, adds weight for no benefit except making it easier to fall over.

Now this idiot is lining up the barrel of a paint cannon while looking down the barrel WHILE ITS LOADED.

Last edited:
Where the f*** is Tombstone from Battlebots?! IT'd have knocked the crap out of all three :ROFLMAO:

EDIT: This was about as scripted as any episode of KUWTKs! Only thing missing was someone crying about nothing and everyone checking their asses lol

Last edited:
Building a robot to pilot around and bash around other giant robots has to start somewhere

They should have tried harder to make it look a little less scripted. Hopefully we see better in the future.

Easy for couch potato geeks to sit and criticize, but you don't realize how hard it is to build something like this from the ground up. The standards by most of us have been Gundam, Macross(Robotech), and the Battletech universe, even the Pacific Rim movie does giant fighting robots. The reality is hard to scale up. I think it is an awesome start and look forward to the ones inspired to build it and do it better than these guys.

Easy for couch potato geeks to sit and criticize, but you don't realize how hard it is to build something like this from the ground up. The standards by most of us have been Gundam, Macross(Robotech), and the Battletech universe, even the Pacific Rim movie does giant fighting robots. The reality is hard to scale up. I think it is an awesome start and look forward to the ones inspired to build it and do it better than these guys.

This is a valid assessment, and it also explains why it was debuting on Twitch, and not some major network. If there was even an inkling of real drama and excitement, Fox, FX, or Spike would have snapped it up in a heartbeat. That said, baby steps and better production, and soon we can all suspend our disbelief.

That was disappointing. Now I'm not talking about the robots themselves, those were great, even if the US decided to decorate it with a tacky eagle head. However the forced scripting was downright atrocious. The whole "light bar and into the caster desk" sequence was just cringy. The first fight that lasted 10 seconds was honestly the best. One robot clearly outclassed the other so, Boom fight over.

I've only seen footage of the US combatant.. Is there any of the Japanese entrant, or are they keeping it under wraps?

EDIT: Nevermind.. Found it

Anyone?

dennis-mejillones-sentryperspective.jpg

That is fuckin cool. Looks like a tachikoma.

The idea that this is a step on the way to mechwarrior like combat is fun, until you think about that amazing gazillion dollar fully combat ready March beeing taken down by a dude with a ~$6,000 .50 cal shooting the pilot from a mile away. Why do they always have a huge glass canopy?

No, Mech armor take very low damage from .50 rounds.

Where the f*** is Tombstone from Battlebots?! IT'd have knocked the crap out of all three :ROFLMAO:

EDIT: This was about as scripted as any episode of KUWTKs! Only thing missing was someone crying about nothing and everyone checking their asses lol

The specifications used clearly showed this was a complete joke. "it has to start somewhere" isn't a valid statement.

Be it labor great or small do it well or not at all. This was not done well.. At all.

That was unbearable to watch. It has a WWE production value to it....aka...fake as heck.

Reactions: MV75
like this
I got distracted on another task and completely forgot it was on. So, I missed it. From the comments here, it sounds like it didn't go well, but I think it had more to do with expectations. Knowing what I know about the present state of robotics, I think I have some different expectations. Is there a way I can watch it now?

Don't pass off scripted garbage as a real fight. We aren't stupid. Don't BS us. It would have been more impressive if they just actually talked about how they built them, and the design choices, remote controlled them so they could really fight for reals, and if it was lame, then so be it. Like a previous commentor said, the robots themselves were impressive enough. It was the trashy lies about what was happening in the "Fight" that were insulting to the viewers intelligence. The reason why this was crap and battlebots is actually good, is because the teams who design and pilot the robots are ACTUALLY competing, and anything can happen. Watching a few minutes of this just made me go watch battlebots clips on youtube instead.

Took me a while to figure out the commentator was Mike Goldberg from the UFC. He tried his hardest the drum up the excitement of cold molasses being poured from a jar.

This is pretty dumb, Battle Bots has been around for years, pilots don't need to be in the vehicles whatsoever, and these robots should've gone through a lot more engineering and design.

Sorry to everyone who invested, this was a flop.

It was definitely a great concept wrapped in extremely poor execution.The production was a total cheese fest and was so heavily edited and scripted, it lost all of its value.

When they hammed it up by having the presenters "run for their lives", it was instant /facepalm

Reactions: MV75
like this
Back