Mega mobile barton OC!!!

Falls Included

I'm happy & gay too
YES! i oc'ed
1.31vcore
11x multi
100mhz fsb
33c
time for bed... bash away... how low do you think i could go on the voltage before stabilit problems kick in (mobo undervolts .04, im actually at 1.35 in bios)

Considering the processor is only running at 1.1 Ghz, it would probably take a bit less voltage than what it running now. I doubt you could drop it too much more considering the voltage is already 0.3 lower than the stock voltage for Barton. By the way, what are the voltage options for the board? I didn't think there were many options lower than that although I have never bothered to check.

If the board supports it, I doubt you could go below 1.25 and still have everything stable. I have no clue how it would act, this is just a wild uninformed guess on my part.

no, it's .14 below the stock voltage... and a whole bunch slower. i don't see how this is a 'mega oc' but congrats on being able to reduce voltage anyways

What are you cheering about? I can do 1.4V on my stock Barton at those speeds.

(cf)Eclipse said:
no, it's .14 below the stock voltage... and a whole bunch slower. i don't see how this is a 'mega oc' but congrats on being able to reduce voltage anyways

The mobile Bartons are nothing but the desktop Bartons that run at lower voltage. Thus, it is actually running .3 lower since the Barton runs 1.65 stock. Yes, he has a mobile Barton, but it is still nothing but an undervolted Barton to begin with.

The mobile Bartons are nothing but the desktop Bartons that run at lower voltage. Thus, it is actually running .3 lower since the Barton runs 1.65 stock. Yes, he has a mobile Barton, but it is still nothing but an undervolted Barton to begin with.

The first part is true, the second isn't. These chips are rated to run at 1.45V. This means they run with %100 stability at that voltage or you get your money back. Something is not undervolted if it's running at the manufacturers specified voltage, because that's what indervolting is - running a lower Vcore than the manufacturers spec, not the manufacturers spec for another processor with a higher Vcore spec, regardless of whether the cores came off the same wafer.
You could say every Barton core athlon except the Mobiles are overvolted and it would be just as true, semantically speaking.

If you're underclocking and undervolting your chip you might as well run it at as high an FSB as possible for maximum performance at a given clockspeed.

Temps and silence are rapidly replacing clock speeds & noise in my book of important things in a computer ;D

Kudos.

was that 33c 30 seconds after you started your computer or 33c under load? there IS a difference.

33c idle.... it had to come down from 42, and i figured that would be about as low as it gets

i used speed fan to turn off one of my fans, and for no reason (i've ran it without a fan there before) it got all the way up to 61c... for no reason... thats another reason why i clocked it down...

in my bios, it goes all the way down to 1.1vcore...

My non-mobile 2500 runs 33/37C idle/load at stock speeds and 1.65V. Still want a Mobile though. :)

well, i dont have air conditioning or anything like that... when its 85F out , i'd say 42C for the proc is pretty good.... of course in the winter, i get alot better temps

Just got my 35W Mobile XP 2400+... Check out what It defaulted too

Orig.JPG

leukotriene said:
These chips are rated to run at 1.45V.

unless it's a 35w mobile, and then its rated to run at 1.35v.

i'll also add that most peoples NF7 boards that are undervolting actually are not. if you check your vcore from the mosfets, you'll find that it's actually overvolting by about .04 - .08v. all of the NF7 boards i've checked fall right in that range.

i don't trust the hardware voltage monitors, they aren't very accurate.

JScottie said:
Just got my 35W Mobile XP 2400+... Check out what It defaulted too

http://upload.serverseed.com/pictars3/Orig.JPG

yeah, they do that. since they arent "designed" for desktop systems, they automatically go to the lowest multi. and usually the lowest fsb... (mine goes to 6x100 on cmos reset)
felix88 said:
i don't trust the hardware voltage monitors, they aren't very accurate.
well thats annoying...

i have a 45 watt mobile, and a shitty one at that. to get to 12x200, i need 1.875volts. it sucks.

im thinking im gonna get a 2600

dang, some of you guys are hitting killer OC's with these chips

I can only hit 2.7 with mine :(

Well now I'm stuck in the other direction. Falls, how did you get past the 12.5x multiplier ceiling - mine defaults to the lower multiplier if its shared (Asus A7N8X-E). The proc's got plenty of headroom left, but I'm memory limited (PC2700) fastest I can get it is 175/350 (about 2.2 gHz). I need more multiplier. Will the "unlock" pin mod from ocinside.de solve my problem?... I don't want to have to reseat the CPU every time I want to change the multiplier.

:confused:

If you are talkinga bout the mobile, you jsut change the multi in the bios (bios permitting of course :))

I run into this -- apparently the signal for the multiplier setting is limited in values, so it has to share some (anything above 12.5x). My proc defaults automatically to the lower value, 5x and so on. :(

AsusH.jpg

JScottie said:
I run into this -- apparently the signal for the multiplier setting is limited in values, so it has to share some (anything above 12.5x). My proc defaults automatically to the lower value, 5x and so on. :(

AsusH.jpg
ocinside.de
Pinmod it. Those multipliers are shared by the L4 bridge (IIRC, at least on the desktop models). I don't know what bridge it is to change on the mobiles, so a pinmod would be 'easiest'.

I haven't experimented much with OC'ing; my former palomino ran too hot even with an SLK; Forgive my noobishness, but is this the pinmod I want? Will this allow me to use the higher multi's in the BIOS, or do I need to hardwire them with further pinmod's?

ocinsidesc.jpg

that will unlock it up to 12.5.... and thats what you already have. you need a 13x pin mod

oh, btw, i didnt do a pin mod... my nf7-s just goes that high... this is a great board...
ever since i saw the a7n8x troubleshooting guide as a sticky, i knew i didnt want one of those... and it seems to me that asus is knid of a low quality board maker.... thats just my opinion... of all the asus boards ive seen, my one abit has bested them all

fallsincluded said:
oh, btw, i didnt do a pin mod... my nf7-s just goes that high... this is a great board...
ever since i saw the a7n8x troubleshooting guide as a sticky, i knew i didnt want one of those... and it seems to me that asus is knid of a low quality board maker.... thats just my opinion... of all the asus boards ive seen, my one abit has bested them all

Actually, that sticky came about because it was one of the first nForce2 motherboards out. Thus, a lot of people here had them. The rev 1 NF7's were generally lousy overclockers and a lot of people around here got the A7N8x. Because of all the people here that had them, you would find a lot of problems no matter what. A lot of the problems were repeats, so they made a sticky there to take care of a lot of the reposts.

And yes, I'm very happy with my A7N8x-Deluxe. Then again, I have one of the few early nForce2 chipset boards that will actually run 200+ FSB. I have a rev 1 board.

Back