Mega Man 11 Is Coming in Late 2018

Discussion in '[H]ard|OCP Front Page News' started by Megalith, Dec 5, 2017 at 3:21 PM.

1. Megalith

Megalith 24-bit/48kHz Staff Member

Capcom celebrated the 30-year anniversary of Mega Man during a livestream this week, in which they announced the Blue Bomber would finally be back after his last outing in 2010’s Mega Man 10. Like its predecessors, Mega Man 11 is still a 2D side-scrolling action-platformer. Mega Man X-X8 will also be coming to the PC and modern consoles.

It’s been nearly 30 years since Rock, Dr. Light’s robot lab assistant, first volunteered to be converted into a fighting robot and our hero’s place was cemented as a legendary video game icon, influencing and inspiring the action-platformer genre for years to come. We’re pleased to introduce you to an all-new chapter to the series’ storied history. Mega Man 11 brings a fresh new design and incredible 2.5D visuals to the classic series, leaping into the modern era of gaming with beautiful 3D-modeled characters and hand-drawn environments.

Red Falcon and Kinsaras like this.
  2. Kongar

Kongar Gawd

Ain't gonna lie - kind of excited for this. Probably going to be let down - but I loves me some old school mega man. I think Mega Man 2 was my favorite...

3. Makeroflostsouls

Makeroflostsouls 2[H]4U

Looking forward to this.. Big Mega man fan, my Fav was the Mega man X series ...

4. Nolan7689

Nolan7689 Limp Gawd

Too bad we can’t get more Legends

DTN107 likes this.
  5. Chunder

Chunder Limp Gawd

I guess this is good news for those that liked the series. I never was a big mega man fan. Now bomber man, that's a different story... ;)

6. Betaboy1983

Betaboy1983 [H]ard|Gawd

I never was a big Mega Man fan either.. But if they would please make with some new side scrolling Metroid games I would be VERY happy. Enough with this first person Prime business.

7. DejaWiz

DejaWiz Oracle of Unfortunate Truths

I was a fan of the Mega Man games, as well as (similar in layout/action) Commander Keen and Bio Menace series. May have to check this one out!

8. J3RK

J3RK [H]ardness Supreme

Kind of excited too, though Shovel Knight kind of ruined all other Mega Man style games for me. :D (it's just too perfect)

My favorites are Mega Man, Mega Man 3, Mega Man X. I like a few of the others, but these are the only ones I've played all the way through, and they're very memorable. (especially 1 and 3)

9. SeymourGore

SeymourGore 2[H]4U

I enjoyed the Mega Man games, especially Mega Man 2. Really like the graphic design in the trailer.

10. Ehren8879

Ehren8879 Gots the Vaporwares

Let's hope it's not a pile of Mighty No. 2

Nolan7689 likes this.
  11. Master_shake_

Master_shake_ 2[H]4U

12. haste.

haste. [H]ard|Gawd

Feels like blasphemy to type, but they should do a Megaman movie - but with Nolan or such directing to put that dark twist on it... Nolan touch on wood man or bomb man?? C'mon would be a site to see!

13. viscountalpha

viscountalpha [H]ard|Gawd

I'm going to blame you if this happens.

haste. likes this.
  14. Jehuty

Jehuty Limp Gawd

I can’t wait. If they do this with the same engine they used for the Vita remakes, I will be so on board with it. They should also remake the X series (only up to X3 tho) as well.

15. SomeoneElse

SomeoneElse Gawd

Mega Man so many memories as a kid......so many frustrations......damn you Dr Wiley.

16. haste.

haste. [H]ard|Gawd

I apologize in advance

17. J3RK

J3RK [H]ardness Supreme

Yes, AND his boss-replication systems. :D I remember the first time I got to the end of Megaman and realized that I had to beat them again.

SomeoneElse likes this.