Meet The Modern Warfare 2 Pacifist

HardOCP News

[H] News
Some guy is trying to reach level 70 in Modern Warfare 2 multiplayer without killing anyone? I'm not sure what is so special about this, there are tons of these people on my team every damn time I play online. I thought it just meant they sucked. :D

Glen McCracken is hero to hippies. The Modern Warfare 2 player has set an interesting goal for himself. McCracken is going for level 70 in the game, without killing a single person. He gains experience through securing flags in Domination, but also plays Demolition and Team Deathmatch as well. Right now, Glen is level 11, with 272 deaths and zero kills.

This is awesome! Nice way to turn a boring game into something interesting.

Yeah, I'm not so impressed either. I know tons of people who couldnt get a kill to save their lives. My Wife has about 1,000,000 turret kills and 0 shotgun kills on TF2. Though there was that one time she hit me with the wrench ...:|

Yeah i read about that yesterday, its an interesting approach all right, clever and unique and a good way of keeping things interesting.

That said I could never play the same long enough to Prestige once let alone for a sixth time :eek:

haha thats great. However I can not resist killing people so this would be an impossible task for me.

Its like shooting fish in a barrel. Will he at least use smoke and flashbangs?:D

neato.. Really pointless and who honestly cares? He probably just sucks really bad so he uses this as an excuse :D

Good message to send out. Accomplish stuff without killing everyone. It's a very violent game by default ;)

why doesn't he just play hello kitty island adventure.
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

ppl use to do something similar to this in MAG with med kits and objective 'stealing'. after n00b snipers (being a team based game, sitting in a random spot taking pot-shots at the enemy rather than looking after your squad was looked down on), they were the first to get TKed when they hid around the corner and continually half-res.ed teammates in the middle of a fire-fight, some would just hide near an objective 'till another squad cleared it and rush in and activate the objective them self (acceptable TK opportunity right there, lol),

I'm not sure how it works in MW (a friend got me to get into MAG when it released and I'm not too heavily into on-line fps), but I guess it's a bit more acceptable since it doesn't emphasize on squad based team-work as much.

if he has already played the game to death and got bored i can see why he is doing this, a fun twist on his normal style of game

He is bound to kill someone accidentally. In MW1 I could swear I killed someone once by jumping on their head. He can't use any smoke or flash either as it is easy to kill people if u hit them with those.

Been a while since I played, but what if he accidentally kills someone with a demolition charge - as in, if they're defusing but run out of time - don't the players near blow up before it goes to the black/white end round screen?

This reminds me of a story I heard a while back about someone who leveled in World of Warcraft without killing anything. :D

I also heard a while back that this guy had a pair but apparently that isn't true.

Sounds like my old score playing Quake III on dial up against pros on broadband ;-)

I wasn't even a MOVING target ^_^

LOL Tell the dirty tree hugging hippie to buy a Wii if he wants to play pacifist games!!!!!

He plays team deathmatch and refuses to aid his team?

I wish they posted his ingame name so I could ensure I was never on his team...

Well, here is your 15 minutes. Too bad it is for something stupid. :(

I love how everyone is all, YAY! He is ranking up without killing!

What does that show? Nothing! Someone has to kill. If SOMEONE doesn't kill the other team there is no way he would be able to do what he does.

Not unless he wants to risk a kill. I've gotten kills using both. I'm pretty sure it's an achievement too.
I've never played MW2, so I'm a bit in the dark. How do you kill someone with a smoke or flashbang?

I've never played MW2, so I'm a bit in the dark. How do you kill someone with a smoke or flashbang?

I've never played it either, but it's a pretty safe guess that if you throw it and it actually hits someone, or explodes right on top of them, they will take some small amount of damage.

sure ive done a few things in some games like play a round with pistols or knives only but what this guy is doin is way too much time and effort on such a silly and insignificant goal

You hit them with it after they are hurt by someone else. IE they just make it out of a firefight where they were shot and are near death. You smack them with the flashbang and they will die.

Isn't that easy to do but I've done it a few times. Play long enough and it is bound to happen.

Too bad they don't have a tranq dart guy or a tazer. Don't Taze Me, Bro!!!

Back