Meet The Medic

WTH, going by what the end of the vid says it looks like they are they going to freeware or adware TF2.

Like all the "Meet the " videos, pretty funny.

TF2 is going free to play. The class updates will make them plenty of cash.

I love them too... but this one didnt seem to have hte same charm i was expecting based on the other ones.

I love them too... but this one didnt seem to have hte same charm i was expecting based on the other ones.

i agree. also IMO it doesn't get any funnier than meet the Demoman. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxps--huGKY"]meet the Demoman.[/ame]

Valve is a strange company. Making TF2 free to play completely destroys the other f2p games that were released not even a week ago.

Valve is a strange company. Making TF2 free to play completely destroys the other f2p games that were released not even a week ago.

Duh? You don't think they were going to carry and supply a free product from competitors without some kind of counter in mind, surely. They're not a charity.

Duh? You don't think they were going to carry and supply a free product from competitors without some kind of counter in mind, surely. They're not a charity.
I'm not against TF2 going f2p, I was just curious how the competitors felt releasing their gimped games and then have Valve drop this megaton on them.

ha this is funny too cause they will probably be making infinitely more money from it now that it's free, than when they used to charge for the game, while the other guys have to release crippleware in order to profit.

Those games are nothing like TF2. Initially, yeah, people will flock to a play TF2, but most of those F2P games are MMOs, so if people want a F2P MMO, they'll go back to Champions Online or Spiral Knights.

TF2 is more like an mmo now than when it was first released, lots of grinding to get new hats and stuff.

TF2 is more like an mmo now than when it was first released, lots of grinding to get new hats and stuff.

It's trivial to get nearly any item in the game, save for hats
You don't need to buy or grind for shit if you know how to play your cards.

He means eventually new stuff will be equal to 1 other random item. So you can basically trade for them extremely easily, and this happens really quickly. Hats not so much, but who cares about them.

I only really enjoy TF2 now when its with friends, IRL / other.

Yeah all the MMO comparisons are dumb. To get weapons all you have to do is play. They randomly drop I think 8-12 a week if I recall correctly. Although I'm pretty sure Valve reduces the drop % whenever a new update comes out so they force people to buy the new stuff.
Honestly, most of these updates have ruined the game. The difference between playing on a 34 person server and a 24 person server is ridiculous. Most 34 person servers are all demo spam now days so you are pretty much forced to play an offensive class (demo spam>engys, spies, medics). Overall on the 24 person servers it's fairly balanced class wise.

Back