Meedio won't play DVDs?

u8myrice

2[H]4U
When I select DVD Player (with a movie DVD in the tray of course), the player flashes and goes back to the main menu. Does Meedio not have a built in DVD player? Do I have to use another player to play DVD?

You have to have another dvd player installed (for the codecs) but meedio should play the disc internally. It's like trying to use Windows Media Player to play dvds - you need to install another program like WindDVD, PowerDVD or nvidia Purevideo.

I do have all the codecs. I can play Window Media normally. I have Zoomplayer and VLC player installed. Thing is Meedio won't even play internally. The thing would flash and go back to the main menu.

Edit:

I just watched Zathura on WMP so I'm sure I have all the codecs. I tried Meedio again but it's still doing the same thing. Flashes and then go back to main menu. I also reinstalled and reconfigure Meedio. Still nothing. =[

u8myrice said:
I do have all the codecs. I can play Window Media normally. I have Zoomplayer and VLC player installed. Thing is Meedio won't even play internally. The thing would flash and go back to the main menu.

Edit:

I just watched Zathura on WMP so I'm sure I have all the codecs. I tried Meedio again but it's still doing the same thing. Flashes and then go back to main menu. I also reinstalled and reconfigure Meedio. Still nothing. =[

Have you configured the codes correctly in meedio? (Full Time Plugins - Video Player) Try setting the rendered to overlay.

You could try at the meedio forums as well. It's a bit crazy over there right now, but you should get an answer.

I would suggest downloading the playmee plug in (if it is still around). It will let you use one of those other media players instead of the built in one. I didn't like the built in player for meedio at all.

I use the internal Meedio player currently, using the Purevideo codecs. To get it to run properly you have to set it up through the configuration wizard. You can do it within Meedio as well, I believe.

If Meedio is trying to play and then goes back to a menu/screen, then check the Meedio.log file. In cases where it's trying to play and fails, it will usually put something in the log that says what it tried to do. If it failed, probably because it couldn't find the codec, then it should have an error message. If Meedio thought it succeeded, the log will list what it did, and you can track down those steps outside of Meedio.

Meedio didn't have the codecs to play the DVDs. I installed nVidia Purevideo and it played fine. Though, the screen is a little off. In WS, the top black bar is smaller than the bottom black bar. The actually movie screen is squished so the image looks distorted.

Is this normal for the internal Meedio DVD player?

Back