MediaBrowser Scraper Question

Valaire

Gawd
I just switched over to MediaBrowser from XBMC and I have 2 questions:

1. "Mission: Impossible 2" has a colon in the title name. You can't put a colon in filenames. XBMC, I think, detected this fine. Mediabrowser won't. I looked on MB's website and couldn't find the obviously easy fix for this.

2. I also can't get it to detect "Saw" and "The Ring." Those are the only 3 movies it won't detect. Since Saw and The Ring don't have any noticable defects in filename that might frustrate the scraper, I listed them seperately as I don't know why they in particular would be problematic.

Thanks.

Check out metabrowser to help setup your meta data. It's awesome. :)

For any movie that has colon in the title, you can substitute in a dash for the file and folder names. The metadata media browser displays should have it corrected for you.

You need the year of the movie in parenthesis after the title in both the folder name and file name. Sometimes Media Browser gets confused without this. This is probably your issue with The Ring and Saw. I searched www.themoviedb.org for "The Ring" and the first result was "The Hunchback of Notre Dame" :confused:. The Ring was the second result for some reason. Since I think it's fair to assume that you spelled "The Ring" properly :p, putting the year in should correct this.

Ex: Folder: Movie Title (2011), File: Movie Title (2011)

Also, like I mentioned before, Media Browser uses www.themoviedb.org and www.thetvdb.com to pull the metadata. If you have any problems with naming, search the website for the movie or TV show and you will see what it is actually pulling. This will help you correct those one offs where a misspelling or weird movie title throws Media Browser for a loop.

Thanks guys for the reply. I did have the year in paranthesis already for those three movies.

What I did was download Media Center Master, and it seems to have resolved the problem after I wiped out what I had before and re-scanned it. It re-arranged my movies into individual folders, and I think it just kept my name for Mission Impossible 2, without any semicolon or placeholder, but Mediabrowser seems very happy with hit.

I didn't have my movies in a folder structure, and that may have been contributing to my problems with those 3 movies.

Nice little program.

I just installed a MoCA kit to get ethernet speeds to my main tv from my gaming PC which is doubling as an HTPC to benchmark how good this is before I switch to an centralized media server framework. My last problem is that the Xbox 360 extending my WMC7 is god awful in UI lag. Both through the MoCa (which ends up streaming 1080p with no problems) and when directly connected to the router.

Anyone have any experience with it? I HAVE googled it, but thought I'd ask here before I post on the greenbutton forums.

Lag is 5-10 seconds in mediabrowser and regular WMC. Completely unusable in its current state. It's being fueled by the comp in my specs, and WMC works flawlessly on that comp. I read online that the usage of X360's and a Ceton Media Server works really well so I'm assuming this can be resolved.

Going to tinker with my network card's settings tonight, but I'm stumbling around blind on this issue. My router is a Linksys E3000 fyi.

I didn't have my movies in a folder structure, and that may have been contributing to my problems with those 3 movies.

I'm surprised you didn't have problems with more movies then. Might want to read the knowledge base on the website.

http://community.mediabrowser.tv/topics?category_id=5&status=published

I had a handful of pain-in-the-ass minor issues like this when I first started using Media Browser and nearly every one was resolved by using the knowledgebase. They are a pain because the problem you are seeing is sometimes resolved by a specific option or setting that appears completely unrelated. Briefly reading through the knowledgebase will teach you how media browser works behind the scenes which makes troubleshooting so much easier.

I just installed a MoCA kit to get ethernet speeds to my main tv from my gaming PC which is doubling as an HTPC to benchmark how good this is before I switch to an centralized media server framework. My last problem is that the Xbox 360 extending my WMC7 is god awful in UI lag. Both through the MoCa (which ends up streaming 1080p with no problems) and when directly connected to the router.

Anyone have any experience with it? I HAVE googled it, but thought I'd ask here before I post on the greenbutton forums.

Lag is 5-10 seconds in mediabrowser and regular WMC. Completely unusable in its current state. It's being fueled by the comp in my specs, and WMC works flawlessly on that comp. I read online that the usage of X360's and a Ceton Media Server works really well so I'm assuming this can be resolved.

Going to tinker with my network card's settings tonight, but I'm stumbling around blind on this issue. My router is a Linksys E3000 fyi.

No clue on the MoCA thing. I had to google it to even figure out what you are talking about. Something isn't right, that's for sure. The UI on my 360's is slower then my HTPC, but it's not 5-10 seconds and unusable. My HTPC and router is on a gigabit network, but I think a 360 is only 100 anyway so I don't know if that makes a difference.

Yeah I'm going to update my network card drivers later and change some settings with regards to negotiating between gigabit and 100 networks (Xbox is 100) to see if it helps.

But yeah, the lag is literallly 5-10 seconds. Avatar in 1080p, h.264 mkv playback seems fine however, beyond the normal issues of a lack of FW/RW within WMC (another completely lame obstacle). And the network performance test in WMC comes back as excellent.

As to the metadata problem, yeah, I had used TV Rename in the past and Mediabrowser had no problems with all of my movies save M:I 2 (probably because of colon) and Saw/The Ring (no idea, even had year in paranthesis). Oh well, it's resolved and I don't foresee having problem going forward using Media Center Master.

Trying to evaluate how good the Extender functionality is for a possible upgrade to a centralized Ceton media server to 3 extender setup. But after doing considerable research, I think it may not work for casual users due to the fact that the extender UI will always lag a bit, the channel changing will take at least 3 seconds, and I'd be stuck in said extender model if I wanted to watch recordings on different TV's.

Back