Media Player, been a while...

Omegas

[H]F Junkie
It's been a couple years or so since I've last looked at Media players and due to a dieing WD Live in the bedroom I get the pleasure of falling down this rabbit hole again.

What I'm looking for is a unit that will play uncompressed HD MKV's off my Win7 based home server. HD audio is not a requirement, but 1080p is. These files are direct BR rips using MakeMKV, not some DL'd re-encoded 5GB files, so it's gotta be able to handle the high bitrate. This is on a full gigabit network so wifi is not needed. What I would love for it to also do is both Amazon and Netflix streaming. Is this still just some pipe dream? I would honestly just make another HTPC but I hate the craptastic Netflix WMC app and non-HD quality Amazon trash... Seriously, what is wrong with those two companies?

subscribed... looking for something similar

seen the popcornhour, TViX XROID A1 etc not sure which one to pick

http://www.tvix.co.kr/eng/
Best money i have ever spent on buying a media player, does pretty much everything. The price is a bit high though i remeber paying 450 for my unit back in the day.

Sorry for the HiJack, I know the OP was looking for a Media Player, but can their DVR/PVR be configured to operate like Tivo style dvr? I am trying to break free from subscription based DVRs or Cable company rentals.

Back