Media Center is streched sometimes

coder_t2

[H]ard|Gawd
Sometimes when I turn on my TV or my HTPC wakes from sleep, the Media Center screen looks stretched. I am guessing it is incorrectly detecting the resolution of the TV. This only happens sometimes and can be fixing my minimizing Media Center and Popping it back up. Any ideas on what's wrong or how I can fix it. I have the latest drivers for my video card. The HTPC in question is my sig.

I've noticed the same thing with both of my HTPCs when I turn on the tv, wake the HTPC or change inputs. I think it's something with the Nvidia drivers. I just end up closing media center and reopening it.

Yea. I know closing it and reopening works, but if something is recording would closing it cause the recording to stop? I figured it would... So Basically if I turned it on anytime between 8-10 and it did the stretching thing I would have to watch TV or movies stretched until it was done recording.

I have the same problem. I often have to turn my receiver (all video routed through here) off and back on again and the issue will be resolved. I believe it has something to do with "waking" it up before I change to that input, but I could be wrong.

It's a video card driver issue. I have Win 7 64-bit and have to stick with Nvidia 182.50 drivers for my 9500GS to keep everything working right.

Edit: Also, closing and re-opening MC won't stop any recordings. It'll record in the background even if it's closed.

Last edited:
Back