Medal of Honor Tier 1

Carlosinfl

Loves the juice
Looks like this game releases this Tuesday in the U.S. and I am looking forward to trying this game out. Do you guys think this game will rival MW2? I have been playing MW2 since it was released and love it. I've watched the trailers for Tier 1 & it seems like it could be amazing. Do you guys have feedback or thoughts about this game? Anyone else excited?

You sound like a PR monkey.

No.
Looks like a mediocre game.
Not me.

The SP looks impressive but if the MP remains unchanged from this week's open beta then I don't see MOH rivalling COD at all. For all of its flaws, COD still manages to do a lot of the essential things right and MOH simply doesn't. Also compared to MOH's outdoor-corridor maps, COD maps feel like Battlefield 2 maps.

I don't believe the average console shooter fan will have a lot of patience in waiting for the MP to improve (if it improves at all), especially when CODMW/2, Bad Company 2, Halo and Killzone are all up and able, and Black Ops coming out this time next month.

I am hugely disappointed at the game's multiplayer considering the lead-up footage looked solid and DICE did such a great job with Bad Company 2's multiplayer. I'll still rent the game to give the SP a crack, though.

You sound like a PR monkey.

No.
Looks like a mediocre game.
Not me.

I'm not a PR for any game. Simply asking what people who've played the demo / Beta think about the game. I am over seas supporting PR monkey freedom along with everyone else so I don't have the luxury to play the demos.

from what the videos I have seen on youtube single player sucks, the video gets choppy when certain fight scenes happen. Hopefully online will be better will it dethrone MW2 (not even close) this game is more to stab at black ops but well see.

When this game was released i was drawn to it like a fat kid to a smartie. I have to admit I'm getting a bit nervous. I think I may just rent it for the Sp and wait till BC2 Vietnam comes out.

I have my reservations about this game. SP clocks in at just close to four hours (here and here for proof) and the MP modes are limited. Couple this with EA's online pass system and I think I'm just going to skip this.

skipping it. MW2 MP clone. SP doesnt look engaging enough to warrant buying. Maybe on a deal.

Played the PC Beta, but I doubt it'll be much different on console. It was alright I guess, but got old quickly. More times than not, you never see the person who kills you. Maps were kind of blah, but not the worst I've ever seen. There was a fair amount of rocket/morter abuse, spawn killing and even some hacking (teleport mostly). Even taking into account that it was a Beta, I wasn't impressed.

Long story short, feels like a rental (just to run through the single player, which may or may not be good). There are far more compelling multi-player modern shooters out there, unless something drastic changes between the Beta (which only ended Thursday) and launch (which is on Tuesday)... which is doubtful.

Then again, that's just my opinion. You might love it.

The game is the definition of generic.

It offers nothing new or different from most other fps shooters on the markets these days and infact goes a step back if you look at it coming from the Battlefield BC2 crowd with it's lack of destructible environments and things..

The game just seems like it's about 5 years too late to the party. Has nothing to really pull people away from MW2, especially with Black Ops coming and the BC2 crowd will see it as a step back.

I am over seas supporting PR monkey freedom along with everyone else so I don't have the luxury to play the demos.

Good one! and thanks for serving.

Personally I don't care much about the multiplayer, I'm more into a good story and as I wrote in a different thread a few minutes ago, MW2 had such a ridiculous story it turned me off that franchise. I'm hoping this game will have a lot more realism as far as the situations and story players are concerned.

Multiplayer was eh imo. Badcompany 2 still the best so far. Mw2 for run and gun. Thanks for pausing your life for the rest of us. Hopefully your home for the holidays.
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

The SP looks impressive but if the MP remains unchanged from this week's open beta then I don't see MOH rivalling COD at all. For all of its flaws, COD still manages to do a lot of the essential things right and MOH simply doesn't. Also compared to MOH's outdoor-corridor maps, COD maps feel like Battlefield 2 maps.

I don't believe the average console shooter fan will have a lot of patience in waiting for the MP to improve (if it improves at all), especially when CODMW/2, Bad Company 2, Halo and Killzone are all up and able, and Black Ops coming out this time next month.

I am hugely disappointed at the game's multiplayer considering the lead-up footage looked solid and DICE did such a great job with Bad Company 2's multiplayer. I'll still rent the game to give the SP a crack, though.

All of this....

Last weeks open beta was a joke. There were so many issues and spawn camping was even more rampant than ever. I canceled my pre-order and switched all the monies over to CoD:Black Ops.

All of this....

Last weeks open beta was a joke. There were so many issues and spawn camping was even more rampant than ever. I canceled my pre-order and switched all the monies over to CoD:Black Ops.

It's pretty sad when you actually switch your funds to a COD game (since they usually have terrible spawning) because the spawns on the other game are so bad. DICE has really dropped the ball on this one.

At this point I've pretty much given up on anything that EA puts out. Their shitty support of games in the past has led me to avoid them when possible. Haven't bought a pc game from them since battlefield 1942. Demo was great so I picked up the full version on launch. Game was months behind the demo and it took them an easy month to patch it enough to get it working. I felt cheated and was pissed. Watched the same thing happen with the next pc battle field.

Bought the battlefield 1943 for the xbox and watched the stat servers go down for weeks and watched the match making servers go down all of the time with no eta on fixing them. All of this while seeing how they are screwing people over in other ways. I'd rather spend my money elsewhere.

Bad Company 2 is in pretty good shape on the consoles right now - I've encountered no CG spam in my two rental periods I've had with the game.

I try to stay away from games at launch now, because so few of them ship in stable conditions. Even the beloved Valve ship glitchy and crash-prone games that take several updates to remedy.

Gamefly shipped my copy today so I will get to see tomorrow what the game is like.

It's pretty sad when you actually switch your funds to a COD game (since they usually have terrible spawning) because the spawns on the other game are so bad. DICE has really dropped the ball on this one.

Usually I would agree, but Treyarch's CoD renditions have better mechanics. WaW had little to no "real" spawn-camping compared to any CoD:MW games. They stuck to the old CoD 1 & 2 spawn mechanics.

Bad Company 2 is in pretty good shape on the consoles right now - I've encountered no CG spam in my two rental periods I've had with the game..

Ditto, I picked it up two weeks ago. Aside from the oddball everyone and their brother is a sniper games I haven't seen too much nade, or CG spam. One night though I got into Arica Harbor and it was a ghost town. Checked the player list....ok full game. Couldnt find anyone. Than it dawned on me. Noone is doing shit but staring down sniper scopes.

Had to add. Nothing beats hiding in a building taking folks out than all of a sudden boom dust everywhere turn around and the wall behind you is blown out. Was definitely a holy shit moment first time it happened.

This game isn't half as good as Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 is.

I'll probably get this, I need a military shooter for my 360 since my win7 hard drive failed and I'm only using osx - I haven't been able to play Bad Company 2.

This game isn't half as good as Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 is.

What are you playing CODMW2 on? I'm still considering getting it for the 360 (if it ever comes down in price - it's still US$120 here) but I'm not sure whether IW ever got around to fixing all the infinite ammo / no reload / javelindom glitches.

GB:QL

HAHA. I'm not even five minutes in and Gerstmann has paused to explain that the game is heavily scripted. Soo, they fucked it up JUST LIKE THE OLD ONES.

Spawning guys forever.
Scripting bugs.
Invisible walls.
5-6h campaign.

These developers are idiots.

Last edited:
What are you playing CODMW2 on? I'm still considering getting it for the 360 (if it ever comes down in price - it's still US$120 here) but I'm not sure whether IW ever got around to fixing all the infinite ammo / no reload / javelindom glitches.

I'm playing it on PC. I won't buy first person shooters for consoles. I can't stand them.

I wasn't very pelased to see my EA stock tank about 8% following the mediocre reviews at best this got. I probably won't be buying it.

I've reached the ranger portion. I'm rather enjoying the campaign, and the more 'realistic' story.

I haven't run into any of the glitches, checkpoint issues, or gameplay issues referenced in the few reviews I have read. Perfect, no. Fun to play so far? Yes, in my opinion.

I'll still give it a rental and blow through the single-player and see what it's like. I'll be keeping an eye on opinion and patch notes to see if the multiplayer does improve at all.

I dunno I like it. Havent played any single player, but so far Im enjoying MP. Specially when playing with a few friends. Makes the game more enjoyable.

I dunno I like it. Havent played any single player, but so far Im enjoying MP. Specially when playing with a few friends. Makes the game more enjoyable.

Playing with friend's makes any game better. Wanting to play it by yourself or online with total strangers is what makes a game great.

I picked it up for 360 last night. So far I'm enjoying the campaign. Multiplayer is a pain in the rear, but I'm not all that good at MP on consoles anyways.

Overall a good buy. Traded in a bunch of games I no longer play and it only cost me $24.

I got it yesterday for the 360 and tried to jump right into multiplayer. It showed 11696 people online (odd for release day, I was expecting more) and it stayed around that number. When trying to get online it would say joining a game and then boot me and say the servers were down.

Did that everytime, for like 20 minutes. Release day I cannot even play multiplayer... ghey. The SP is ok, the sound effect are great but the volume on the voice acting is so low it's hard to hear over the sound effects/music.

I'm not real impressed and I am mad I didn't wait untill this was out for a while so I could get it cheap used... hell it's already 42.99 used on amazon, and it came out yesterday ... LOL

HAHA. I'm not even five minutes in and Gerstmann has paused to explain that the game is heavily scripted. Soo, they fucked it up JUST LIKE THE OLD ONES.

Spawning guys forever.
Scripting bugs.
Invisible walls.
5-6h campaign.

this quick look and having played the terrible bc2 single player killed moh for me. I know these are mostly multiplayer games however I also enjoy the campaigns. major publisher single player fps games keep getting worse :(

at this point I would not be surprised if crysis 2 was three hours long.
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

Spawning guys forever.
Scripting bugs.
Invisible walls.
5-6h campaign.

this.....

glad i rented it.

can't please everyone all the time. I rather like the campaign. It's realistic in its content.

the volume on the voice acting is so low it's hard to hear over the sound effects/music.

I thought that too until I realized my centre channel speaker in my 5.1 setup was set super low. Didn't have a problem hearing them after I turned it up. There's also a couple different audio settings(home cinema, headphones and 1 other one), that might factor in too.

Back