Medal of Honor Pacific Assault Is Free On Origin

Not if you take into account the size of their game catalog. They have admirable policies etc. but their catalog is nowhere near Steam in size.

I use both services, and there are some games that for now are exclusive to Steam (or at least are on Steam that aren't yet available on GOG), but I will remind you that quantity is not necessarily fungible with quality, and in that latter respect does GOG excel. GOG at the moment has 1,461 games, while Steam has "over 7,500 games" as of February 2016 according to Wikipedia.

I use both services, and there are some games that for now are exclusive to Steam (or at least are on Steam that aren't yet available on GOG), but I will remind you that quantity is not necessarily fungible with quality, and in that latter respect does GOG excel. GOG at the moment has 1,461 games, while Steam has "over 7,500 games" as of February 2016 according to Wikipedia.

Let's not kid ourselves here. GOG's heart is in the right place but its going nowhere without AAA's. Blame publishers, they're not interested in DRM-free.

Last edited:
That's almost entirely because they belong to the same company.

You don't see, for example, Dark Souls, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Fallout 4, SF5, GTA V etc on it.

It has at least the first several Tomb Raiders and Fallouts, arguably the best ones. I wouldn't be surprised to see the first several Grand Theft Auto games on it someday (preferably with all the original songs on San Andreas). All of its non-indie games were once AAA titles.

Last edited:
So, after we paid full purchase price, they are taking away half of the product we purchased? That's like buying a car then 5 years later the car company comes and takes the V8 and puts a 4 cylinder in. Without giving any money. It is nice to hear they are claiming to be "investigating".

No that's a stupid argument. Would be more like buying a prius and then needing a new battery 5 years down the road and finding out it's no longer available.

Back