MEDAL OF HONOR goes modern warfare like COD4

GunzofNavarone

Limp Gawd
Medal of Honor: Operation Anaconda? [August 07, 2008, 12:00 am ET] - 3 Comments
Yup, one more question mark: French site jeuxvideo has a story about what they believe to be the next Medal of Honor game (thanks Planet Medal of Honor and Tiscali Games). A Translated version of the site says the next installment in the military shooter series is titled Medal of Honor: Operation Anaconda, which supposedly follows the lead of Call of Duty 4 by leaving World War II behind in favor of modern combat. The setting is said to be the war in Afghanistan in 2002, based on an actual operation. This is an unconfirmed report, however, and our reading of the rough translation suggests that this information was gleaned from a questionnaire sent by EA to MoH fans, which seems less than definitive.

www.bluesnews.com

bout dam time, I am kind of mad that Call of Duty went back to a WW2 shooter.

aquemini

"Treyarch is doing CoD5, not Infinity Ward."
yep.and just cause it's wwII does'nt mean it's not going to rock!;)

aquemini

"Treyarch is doing CoD5, not Infinity Ward."
yep.and just cause it's wwII does'nt mean it's not going to rock!;)

I was just telling the poster above me why they were going back to WW2. The Infinity Ward games have always been the TRUE sequels. Not that the treyarch games aren't decent.

'Whoosh' here too, I don't get the 'metal' thing.

joins the 'Whoosh' group.
i'm looking forward to this game, should be good. i'm also looking forward to COD5...i still dig WWII games.

Well the last medal of honor game totally sucked. Airborne I think it was called. Dire and buggy.

I remember when my character got stuck against a wall... and couldnt unstick himself. Had to quit out due to that bug.

Rushed to market to cash in.

I will never give the MOH series any more of my money.

The next CoD is not CoD5.

I'm tired of middle eastern themes for FPS. Eveything is barren and yellow and it gets old looking at it all the time. BF: Bad Company's European/Russian forests and farmland are a nice change of scenery and play style.

Could they have picked a worse location? There's nothing there except rocks and sand and some goats. Fuck afganistan!

Well if they are going Modern Warfare I'll actually play the next installment. I'm sick of WWII games.

You laugh now, but I bet your jaw dropped when you first stormed the beaches of Normandy In Medal of Honor: Allied Assault.

I remember that part of the game very clearly..first time I felt immersed into a realistic battle scene.

i cant stand WWII games theres sooooo many of them.. if its modern i'll definately be playing it, thats the only reason i think im hooked on COD4 so much.

I want games from other war periods.

Civil War come on! Maybe a non american dev should tackle it

I want games from other war periods.

Civil War come on! Maybe a non american dev should tackle it

a MOH or COD set in Vietnam would be good. Korea would be good but i think it would be similar to vietnam

WW1 would be good with older weapons and tactics and bi-planes

I would love a MOH:Civil war. But i think the guns of that time load to slow to be action oriented.

You laugh now, but I bet your jaw dropped when you first stormed the beaches of Normandy In Medal of Honor: Allied Assault.

The team that made MOH:AA left and founded Infinity Ward. link

Anybody remember how long it took for MOH:A to get multiplayer after it was supposably done? I'm not excited over this announcement and am pretty sure that I'll still be playing COD4 when this is "released".

Back