Medal of Honor Beta

Greatone123

[H]ard|Gawd
Has anyone else gotten in? opinions?

i got in played a bit, feels a lot like battlefield to me.
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

I got a key earlier. Don't know how or why since I didn't sign up for any of the early access stuff like pre-ordering.

I played it for like 5 min. Seems like BFBC2 Part 2 in Afghanistan without destructible environments. But like I said that was a 5 min impression of it. I'll give it some play this weekend probably... if it can wrestle me away from Transformers War for Cybertron. hehe

I played the beta for about an hour. I don't like the feel of the controls. It feels like Battlefield because the MOH multiplayer is based on the same engine as Bad Company 2.

I seriously don't like how you can't run and strafe to one side at the same time like you can in MW and MW2.

At this point in time I very much prefer the gameplay feel of MW and MW2 over this. MW 1 and 2 is just so much tighter and they leave no doubt whether or not you are actually hitting someone.

I got in the beta yesterday, downloaded the beta file but have yet to install and play it.

APB is just too much fun right now!

The trailers looks good. But it does seem like BC2 part 2

The interesting thing to note here is that from what I've heard the Multiplayer is being made by DICE, but that's it. The single player is completely different.

The interesting thing to note here is that from what I've heard the Multiplayer is being made by DICE, but that's it. The single player is completely different.

gotcha. Although the multiplayer aspect is what makes or breaks these types of games. Considering the single player is usually 5-10 hours

it is pretty much like BF:BC2, but without interlocking team class specialties. True, they have 3 classes, assault, rocket, sniper. No droppables. Also in the beta you can only reach level 7. Hope that changes to add lots of different weapons and gear. Anyway end result is that it is more like MW2 than BC2.

I really miss the destructible environment! It's so awesome to destroy everything in BC2

Anyway end result is that it is more like MW2 than BC2.

this is true. i've put about 4 hours into the beta and it's decent but the gameplay feels like a less-fun version of MW2. the 'feel' of the game will probably remain unchanged upon release. i'll more than likely pick this one up during a steam sale to play though the SP, assuming feedback from the community is positive.

I think I put about 30 minutes into the beta. It was like BC2, except worse. I don't think I'll be bothering with it any more unless they improve it significantly.

I do not like the game as it stands... Yes, its beta, but there is still lots of work that needs to be done.

I TRIED to play today but the game kept crashing to the desktop. I was able to play for about 1hour of total time, but I was not able to play for more than 10min without crashing to desktop.

Mouse sensitivity was really off as well...

I'm sticking with BC2...

I thought they would improve the destructible environments not remove it!

Was anyone able to run this beta under Windows 7 x64?
All I'm getting is "Connecting." after the start. Can't do anything else.

Yea i got sent a Beta Code.

Fucking lame all I got to say. I went to apply the code, and it came back saying the "server timed out." So i went to try the code again and it said it was taken. No way for me to get in now. :mad:

If people like it, and if it's anything like BC2, I'll probably end up getting it anyways.

it feels exactly like battlefield with smaller maps... Which sounds like a major bummer.. but its actually really fun. the scorestreak (not killstreak) rewards are very satisfying, the gun upgrade system is pretty decent, not everything is destructible which is a huge plus.... but the beta is definitely a beta.. there are a large amount of bugs and tweaking to guns that need to be done.. personally i always snipe in games, and its pretty fun to snipe in this one, my main problem is like in bc2, the snipers act like they've never held a rifle before.... 1 shot, pull the gun down onto the knee, struggle with the bolt action, bring it back up... gay -_- I don't see why games don't make a better system... make it so if your standing up and you shoot, then the gun goes very unsteady while you eject the shell, kneeling=a little better, and in games with proning, make no movement at all... makes sense to me.

Ewww I just played the beta...not good. Feels like a very low budget version of other shooters you've played. I wouldn't even compare it to Battlefield or Modern Warfare because I've put a ton of time into both of those games and they are light years beyond Medal of Honor. If the game stays as it is now, you're probably going to see reviews at about a 5 out of 10.

It reminded me of playing a Playstation One shooter. Moving slowly and stiffly and a couple of shots downed people who you can barely make out from the muddy colored environment (good camouflage I guess?). Most of the time you get killed and have no idea where it came from because of the map design and the ease of picking off a slow stiff moving target with a couple shots.

I recommend going to gamestop, preordering it for the beta key, trying it out for yourself and then canceling that preorder if you feel like I do :).

Has there been any updates done to the beta since if first opened? I actually kind of forgot about the game after playing the first couple days..

Unfortunately there's no update available yet, I'm still getting CTD's when playing on the insurgent's side... I stopped playing it since a week or two :(

No updates yet which stinks. Giving it a bad rap with no updates. I would like to get a couple beta updates at least just so I know they are listening..

I quit playing because of the "issues".

Ewww I just played the beta...not good. Feels like a very low budget version of other shooters you've played. I wouldn't even compare it to Battlefield or Modern Warfare because I've put a ton of time into both of those games and they are light years beyond Medal of Honor. If the game stays as it is now, you're probably going to see reviews at about a 5 out of 10.

It reminded me of playing a Playstation One shooter. Moving slowly and stiffly and a couple of shots downed people who you can barely make out from the muddy colored environment (good camouflage I guess?). Most of the time you get killed and have no idea where it came from because of the map design and the ease of picking off a slow stiff moving target with a couple shots.

I recommend going to gamestop, preordering it for the beta key, trying it out for yourself and then canceling that preorder if you feel like I do :).

^^ This is a disappointing read.

Medal of Honor Allied Assault is still far and away the game that I spent the most time playing online. Believe it or not, Airborne got some things right for its online but it just never took off. That game is one that people really should take another look at now if they passed over it in the past.

I'm hoping...or at least I was...that perhaps this was going to finally end up being the successor for me to MOHAA but it doesn't sound promising thus far.

I have been enjoying Bad Company 2, though.

This might be true to the end for the Multiplayer. But again it's being developed by DICE. The SP is a different group.

This might be true to the end for the Multiplayer. But again it's being developed by DICE. The SP is a different group.

Gameplay isn't terrible.. Everything else is really horrendous. Menus screens being the #1 worst menu screens I have ever seen... EVER!

Gameplay isn't terrible.. Everything else is really horrendous. Menus screens being the #1 worst menu screens I have ever seen... EVER!

agreed... the menu screens are terrible... worse than terrible... theres soooo many things they forgot to stick into menus... including the ability to leave a game when your dead... wtf? you have to wait until your alive, then quick exit the game before you get spawn killed again.. if you do.. bam, menu closes, start over.

Yeah or not being able to leave after the game completes. I want to play like 2 or 3 rounds and then leave but I can't until I spawn on the 4th round.

MoH Beta just opened up to anyone who owns BC2 on Steam. Sweet for ppl like me who haven't preordered yet!

Got the PS3 beta, I had the Choic of PC and PS3 and choose PS3 because I have no good shooters for it... I still don't.

Rather didn't like it.

I think I need BC2 for PC as well as 360 now... Since it's so god damn fun.

Well, let's see. I tried to play but accidentally hit the chat button.

I couldn't type in a message and I couldn't get the chat box to go away. I couldn't move except for looking around and shooting. I couldn't even press Esc to get to a menu.

I alt+tabbed and closed the game.

Well, let's see. I tried to play but accidentally hit the chat button.

I couldn't type in a message and I couldn't get the chat box to go away. I couldn't move except for looking around and shooting. I couldn't even press Esc to get to a menu.

I alt+tabbed and closed the game.

Yup. Super buggy.

Yeah the UI is ridiculously buggy. Half the time the mouse doesn't work. This game needs some work but it's pretty fun so far. Played for an hour or so last night and had a lot of fun.

Yeah the UI is ridiculously buggy. Half the time the mouse doesn't work. This game needs some work but it's pretty fun so far. Played for an hour or so last night and had a lot of fun.

Agreed. I played the game for about an hour last night and I will say it was pretty fun. The menus were pretty basic and kinda cheesy, but the actual game was kinda fun. I didn't experience any bugs in game, and the game ran well.

Definitely feels like a MW2 BC2 Hybrid as far as MP goes, only not as fun as either.

I haven't put very much time into it yet but after playing a couple of rounds of the beta it feels like they tried to make a more realistic MW2 with the BC2 engine and failed. The destruction pretty much isn't there like it is in BC2 and the shooting is worse. On top of that its too arcadey to be a "realistic shooter" but too slow to be a fun BC2/MW2 style shooter.

UI is terrible, have to use the arrow keys for most menu navigation.
Once I hit the button for allchat I am now forced to CTRL+ALT+DEL and close it before I could do anything else.
Mouse scrolling doesn't work for me and cannot bind it to switch weapons
The keybind menu doesn't mention the special abilities that I can see with the in game UI

If I could actually stand to be in the game it would be pretty fun. Does the sound seem very muted ot anyone else? Or very soft is a better word?

this game is terrible, boring with no pace i see no reason in buying this unless you love boring games.

Back