MechwarriorOnline

spaceman

[H]F Junkie
Been playing it quite a bit. The game is fun as a casual or if you want to get serious with comp play. I enjoy the faction wars ONLY with a decent crew in TS though. The elite players are VERY good. If you are just pubbing though, no worries. The monsters stay away.

Free to play. I have not spent a dime and still have fun.

MWO: Game

This is not a MW game. Its a pile of shit WOT copy.

No physics, no destructible environment etc.

Its a cash grab.

We need a R E A L Mechwarrior game for PC again. Imagine BF4 like engine with 100 ton mechs - now THAT would be a game.

Eh. I know but I still have fun. No intention of paying for it as you are correct in that they offer purely cosmetic things for money. Still, it is all we have. I like the competitive nature at the higher levels. It certainly could be a MUCH improved game instead of just nickle and diming for a new mech, camo, etc. I only like a few of the maps. Again though, you have to work together to win. Otherwise it just sucks.

I did play the original Crysis Mod and that was amazing but the engine did not allow for destructible environments? Looked awesome though. Way better than this game. Damn. Yeah. That is just how bored and desperate I am for competitive fps play. I miss the BF2 days when you could get a scrim like nothing.

This is not a MW game. Its a pile of shit WOT copy.

No physics, no destructible environment etc.

Its a cash grab.

We need a R E A L Mechwarrior game for PC again. Imagine BF4 like engine with 100 ton mechs - now THAT would be a game.

Yeah, a version of Mech 2 mercenaries would be super nice. I got real good with lasers and PPCs due to that game, what with having to worry about ammo costs.
My favorite tactic in 3 was to snipe legs at long distance with ER Large lasers.

Mechwarior Online used to be fun, then they started watering it down to appeal to casuals, then they started watering it down more, then they watered it down so even babies can play it. It actually started out fairly faithful to Mechwarrior, well Mechwarrior 4.

P.S. MWO uses CryEngine so it's not the engine's fault.

It's a very good game. But Mech weapons is plain retarded compare to tanks. So for the people that care about our army and its future...

Yup, MWLL was way beyond what this garbage has to offer. The company hasn't helped itself with the piss poor public relations either.

i played this for quite a while but stopped maybe 6 months ago. The changes made wer silly. the UI got uglier, faction play was still a complete broken joke, they added that stupid voting thing for map rotation, and the balance is still non-existent. Just pack as many lasers as you can and mash alpha strike 2 or 3 times until you nearly over heat, cool down, rinse, and repeat. Almost all other weapon systems have no point anymore.

definitely not WoT though...not even on the same shit level as WoT although they do push enough mech packs on you.

edit:
the steam launch is what really killed it. they made so many changes to make it easily accessible and not so much thought needed so they could get more folks to play. So many mechs are not viable to use at all anymore, they keep requirking stuff to shitsville.

Last edited:
i played this for quite a while but stopped maybe 6 months ago. The changes made wer silly. the UI got uglier, faction play was still a complete broken joke, they added that stupid voting thing for map rotation, and the balance is still non-existent. Just pack as many lasers as you can and mash alpha strike 2 or 3 times until you nearly over heat, cool down, rinse, and repeat. Almost all other weapon systems have no point anymore.

definitely not WoT though...not even on the same shit level as WoT although they do push enough mech packs on you.

edit:
the steam launch is what really killed it. they made so many changes to make it easily accessible and not so much thought needed so they could get more folks to play. So many mechs are not viable to use at all anymore, they keep requirking stuff to shitsville.

I forgot to mention that with the new vote thing, you cannot play objective anymore because they always vote for TDM. Which make the game total non sense to me.

It's a fun game, I've sunk too many hours in it. There's clearly some frustrating aspects to the game and there's a decent skill cap once you get in a high enough tier. Although it's still broken as you'll get grouped with idiots more often then not. Faction play isn't fun if you go against premades as you'll get rolled pretty quickly.

I forgot to mention that with the new vote thing, you cannot play objective anymore because they always vote for TDM. Which make the game total non sense to me.

exactly.. I know there are maps and modes people hate but so what, play them anyway. People always bitched about Terra Therma because they couldn't just pew pew.. Deal with it as it is part of the game. I always liked assault mode and conquest but when they removed the turrets and sped up the capping to nearly instant mode it took a lot of away....not that it ever matter because all the modes just turned into TDM while a fast light capped (conquest). always loved the rounds where you win by caps because one team refused to do it and you found a nice place to wait out the score for the win.

The faction play with the premades has always been a huge issue, one of the major reasons it sucks so bad other than the fact that it was boring as hell. I suspect the new 4v4 stuff will be a little faster paced but you'll still get premade troll brigades mopping up solos in minutes.

Anyone still playing this - or interested in playing? They have some Xmas deals going on now...And if you play a match 'TODAY' and get 50 match points..(I think I have that right...and I believe you have until 4pm pst 12/28) you'll get some free C-Bills..3 mill..and 1250MC - also you will get 2 Hero Mech's - delivered in March. I haven't played much...I had to do the match with a trial mech...but hey...lol - I did it.

Here's the link for info (hope it's ok - if not mods please delete)

https://mwomercs.com/news/2017/12/1971-holiday-bonus-loadout-info

Anyone still playing this - or interested in playing? They have some Xmas deals going on now...And if you play a match 'TODAY' and get 50 match points..(I think I have that right...and I believe you have until 4pm pst 12/28) you'll get some free C-Bills..3 mill..and 1250MC - also you will get 2 Hero Mech's - delivered in March. I haven't played much...I had to do the match with a trial mech...but hey...lol - I did it.

Here's the link for info (hope it's ok - if not mods please delete)

https://mwomercs.com/news/2017/12/1971-holiday-bonus-loadout-info

you just have to play a match doesn't matter how many points you get. but yeah i still play it regularly. even with how much the crytek engine has held this game back it's still fun to play.

That and for those longing for a return to "Campaign" games like MW: Mercs.

Harebrained is putting out a BattleTech game in the coming year here.
However, it's more table-top centric than RTS.

Yeah, and the makers of MWO are working on Mechwarrior 5: Mercenaries....and it will also include 4 player co-op. I believe they stated it would be released Dec '18.

Hey Sirmonkey1985 - I hadn't logged in..in ages. Did they remove the ability to repair/reload Trial mechs? I played a few matches just to be safe (I didn't see anything about points either...but someone stated that amount on a video on youtube) - and swapped mechs because I couldn't seem to repair the hunchback I used the first time. I'm trying to decide which mech I want to pick up to start playing...(the sale makes it easier..lol)..I'm thinking of one of the Hero Marauders...or anything that gives a c-bill bonus. That advanced Zoom with PIP is crazy...saw it in spectator mode...now I have to unlock it..heh.

did the match for the free stuff, my team got blanked tho, yea that seems to be how I remember this game, matches always seem so one sided.

Hey Sirmonkey1985 - I hadn't logged in..in ages. Did they remove the ability to repair/reload Trial mechs? I played a few matches just to be safe (I didn't see anything about points either...but someone stated that amount on a video on youtube) - and swapped mechs because I couldn't seem to repair the hunchback I used the first time. I'm trying to decide which mech I want to pick up to start playing...(the sale makes it easier..lol)..I'm thinking of one of the Hero Marauders...or anything that gives a c-bill bonus. That advanced Zoom with PIP is crazy...saw it in spectator mode...now I have to unlock it..heh.

you don't have to repair anything unless you were playing clan wars which you get 4 mech's to use over the course of the game but you need to setup the drop deck.

wow you haven't logged in in a VERY LONG time....

no more R&R and its pretty easy to earn cbills now. There are no longer modules though you do everything threw a skill tree now. So your advanced zoom will cost you X skill points to unlock in a tree and each skill point costs XP AND BILLS. you can have 91 nodes total across all the different trees.

So anyone else try the whole solaris thing?

Pretty lame. Straight up dakka dps leg fest.

Unless you use the perfect buikds forget winning.

That and whiever though flourescent yellow was the best new color for your game is an idiot.

Just crazy they cant seem to get something that matters. FP flopped from the get go. I suspect this will lose people quickly as theyvfind out chassis cant be used and half the fun of building mechs is lost.

So anyone else try the whole solaris thing?

Pretty lame. Straight up dakka dps leg fest.

Unless you use the perfect buikds forget winning.

That and whiever though flourescent yellow was the best new color for your game is an idiot.

Just crazy they cant seem to get something that matters. FP flopped from the get go. I suspect this will lose people quickly as theyvfind out chassis cant be used and half the fun of building mechs is lost.

it'll take time for them to tweak it.. the more people play it the more data there is to balance the divisions.. i doubt i'll play it much though since i typically play in drunk 12 man divisions with friends the couple nights a week i'm able to play.

thankfully since tier up finally got hardware banned the average player count has been going up drastically, even before solaris released so i'm not all that worried if that part fails.

Back