MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries announced!

This gamenis so shallow....i mean, like 4 mission types, they all play the smae you you spend 99.9% of battles fighting tanks, turrets, and helicopters.

Very little mech combst and when the mechs show up the AI is so atrocious they circle you into and object and you pound on them and they die.

Swear mw2 had better AI than this. Mw2,3,4, 4 mercs were all Way better than this. Id rather continue to play MWO, its much more interesting.

Please if there are mods to fix all this and make it a real game let me jnow what they arr.

sadly not yet, i've shelved it waiting for mods.

GamePass version does not support Mods (though they promise to support some time this year), so that is kind of a letdown.

i think if the missions were more mech on mech fighting it would help although im sick of stomping locusts and spiders in mediums and heavies. I mean even the assassination missions, the target you need to kill should be some heavy or assault, even at lower rep level areas and that mech should have 3 other decent mechs with them. you never seem to have enough salvage points to get the salvage mechs other than lights. i'm always off by 1 point to get the heavier stuff.

it is just so silly, the decisions made in this game by the devs. they should have just made it a story driven single player game like 4 with a merc piece.

i think if the missions were more mech on mech fighting it would help although im sick of stomping locusts and spiders in mediums and heavies. I mean even the assassination missions, the target you need to kill should be some heavy or assault, even at lower rep level areas and that mech should have 3 other decent mechs with them. you never seem to have enough salvage points to get the salvage mechs other than lights. i'm always off by 1 point to get the heavier stuff.

it is just so silly, the decisions made in this game by the devs. they should have just made it a story driven single player game like 4 with a merc piece.

Naw, man. That would have required actual effort :)

The story missions can be ok. But the contract same 4 (really same three) missions are ridiculous.

The core game is good.

i finally just caved and edited my save file to have 900million bills. The missions were tiring and getting bills was annoying when have to spend so many just to do things.

What I find really messed up about this game is the tutorial missions, you get do things like break open a warehouse and scan the goods and collect it.....and you never ever do that again. Missions don't even matter most of the time. Even the defend a thing but there is no reason to worry about it because sometimes it has a health bar and other times it doesnt.

And the AI guys are still super annoying.. Love watching assault mechs get wrecked by a spider or a cicada. On that note also, the mech variety is just sad. Its ALWAYS the same things and every so often some random thing gets thrown in but so many mechs you just never ever see. Finding useful mech variants, especially in the assault class, is impossible as well. Oh look a 90 tonner....that has 2 or 3 weapon systems. awesome. One mission i thought was a going to get shredded when a drop ship drops 3 awesomes....yea 3 LRM boat awesomes with like a ML as a backup.....

last note, the most dangerous mech in the game is the Locust with the 2 LRM5s....and for some reason the AI on those things actually works, they stay far away, hide being stuff and let the other things allow them to target you.

such a bad game.

i finally just caved and edited my save file to have 900million bills. The missions were tiring and getting bills was annoying when have to spend so many just to do things.

What I find really messed up about this game is the tutorial missions, you get do things like break open a warehouse and scan the goods and collect it.....and you never ever do that again. Missions don't even matter most of the time. Even the defend a thing but there is no reason to worry about it because sometimes it has a health bar and other times it doesnt.

And the AI guys are still super annoying.. Love watching assault mechs get wrecked by a spider or a cicada. On that note also, the mech variety is just sad. Its ALWAYS the same things and every so often some random thing gets thrown in but so many mechs you just never ever see. Finding useful mech variants, especially in the assault class, is impossible as well. Oh look a 90 tonner....that has 2 or 3 weapon systems. awesome. One mission i thought was a going to get shredded when a drop ship drops 3 awesomes....yea 3 LRM boat awesomes with like a ML as a backup.....

last note, the most dangerous mech in the game is the Locust with the 2 LRM5s....and for some reason the AI on those things actually works, they stay far away, hide being stuff and let the other things allow them to target you.

such a bad game.

I agree with everything but finding mechs, we found it quite simple to find decent mechs, have multiple Atlas Ds and the BH, Annihilators, battlemasters, etc.

Theres glimmers of a good game, but so much was done wrong. Really hoping modders will save this one, would do it myself but I just don't have the skill.

I agree with everything but finding mechs, we found it quite simple to find decent mechs, have multiple Atlas Ds and the BH, Annihilators, battlemasters, etc.

Theres glimmers of a good game, but so much was done wrong. Really hoping modders will save this one, would do it myself but I just don't have the skill.

I even have a mod to make sure all mechs show up as salvage at the end. Maybe I'm not far enough in to find the 100 tonners yet.

I even have a mod to make sure all mechs show up as salvage at the end. Maybe I'm not far enough in to find the 100 tonners yet.

mechs that you fight is more difficulty based, Kurita space primarily.

puchase we just looked for the symbol that a hero mech was in system.

some are tied to the timeline, but it moves so fast anyway just jump around with all that money.

finished the campaign.

Seriously, the only mission worth playing in the game, and the one that felt most like a mech warrior game, was the final mission. It was still let down by terrible AI, but at least it had some tension with all the drops coming in with the big boys.
Next maybe the 2 or 3 missions before that.

Still such a lame game. I can't believe they couldn't come up with more mission types, better story missions that didn't play out like the 3 mission types that had. They could have done so much with it.

I am going to bump this thread, there are a few mode that largely fix the game, adding a full mechbay, improving enemy AI dramatically (lancemate too as an option), adding biome effects on your mech's heat, jumps, etc. Enemy uses jump jets. The list is pretty comprehensive. This is what I hoped for when PG screwed up.

I only just started, about 5 hours into a play through and so far I am loving it.

My Recommended mods:

MW5 Mercs Reloaded - Critical​

TableTopRulez_Enemy AI Mod - Critical​

TableTopRulez_LanceMateAIMod - Critical​

Yet Another Mech - Optional​

Yet Another Weapon - Optional​

I am going to bump this thread, there are a few mode that largely fix the game, adding a full mechbay, improving enemy AI dramatically (lancemate too as an option), adding biome effects on your mech's heat, jumps, etc. Enemy uses jump jets. The list is pretty comprehensive. This is what I hoped for when PG screwed up.

I only just started, about 5 hours into a play through and so far I am loving it.

My Recommended mods:

MW5 Mercs Reloaded - Critical​

TableTopRulez_Enemy AI Mod - Critical​

TableTopRulez_LanceMateAIMod - Critical​

Yet Another Mech - Optional​

Yet Another Weapon - Optional​

Good looking out. After reading that changelog I probably won't even bother with the vanilla game, just play it modded.

Just waiting for this to get out of Epic jail now...

Good looking out. After reading that changelog I probably won't even bother with the vanilla game, just play it modded.

Just waiting for this to get out of Epic jail now...

You have to mod it to make it playable but it is still a boring game. Same missions over and over and over. No variation except a very few story missions.

Seriously no thought put into the game at all..

You will end up just hacking your save to have a billion cbills so you can get what you want and mive on without having to play the 3 mission types over and over

Mods cant fix this. You also need to mod stupid stuff like not spawning in the mech bay after every mission. Why must you walk al the way up some steps you can barely fit on to continue

IDK, i had my fun with it for many hours. its not perfect, but I don't see any new Mechwarrior game coming out for a while yet.

The table top AI really helps with the mission spawning to make things feel more organic, and I never walk around the hub, just jump right into the mech and mission menus. Its not for everyone, its not an excellent game, but it is more mechwarrior and mods iron out the worst bits.

Sometimes you just have to be satisfied with what you can get, rather than wishing for something that isn't coming.

Also, yes Mods could fix this, do you realize that the tool they released is pretty much everything (all files, everything, in the unreal engine editor), an intrepid Modder or team could use the basic foundation of the game to make anything. The question isn't can it be done, but will it.

You have to mod it to make it playable but it is still a boring game. Same missions over and over and over. No variation except a very few story missions.

You will end up just hacking your save to have a billion cbills so you can get what you want and mive on without having to play the 3 mission types over and over

Mods cant fix this. You also need to mod stupid stuff like not spawning in the mech bay after every mission. Why must you walk al the way up some steps you can barely fit on to continue

Save hacking?

I've seen mods fix a heck of a lot. I doubt I would go so far as to save hack though, if that's actually required I may draw the line.

I also heard something about an expansion or something, maybe dropping this year. I wonder if that might end up providing "official" fixes for some of these issues?

I've seen mods fix a heck of a lot. I doubt I would go so far as to save hack though, if that's actually required I may draw the line.

I also heard something about an expansion or something, maybe dropping this year. I wonder if that might end up providing "official" fixes for some of these issues?

I only modified by save to give me lots of c-bills. the game for me started ok but after playing the same missions a thousand times trying to get the cbills required to move forward was boring as hell. You a hit a wall where you just want to have mechs to build and have fun with.

Install the salvage fix mod rather than cheat the cbills. Base salvage is stupid as legging mechs yields less salvage than coring.

Mods could fix this game, as the entire code is basically there to edit. I've been messing around with it to create new mission types but lack the experience to really do much else.

No arguement that the base game is rushed and broken, but there is a dedicated Mech modding community (check out battletech Advanced or rogue tech). I have hope this will be fixed in time.

Install the salvage fix mod rather than cheat the cbills. Base salvage is stupid as legging mechs yields less salvage than coring.

Mods could fix this game, as the entire code is basically there to edit. I've been messing around with it to create new mission types but lack the experience to really do much else.

No arguement that the base game is rushed and broken, but there is a dedicated Mech modding community (check out battletech Advanced or rogue tech). I have hope this will be fixed in time.

I had salvage mods as well. Doesnt solve the monotiny of the game.

I think anyone can see you don't like it, which is fair, but approaching beating a dead horse.

Is it too much to want a game to be complete at launch with actual redeeming gameplay? I like MW but this was just shallow and unfinished.

The story missions mixed it up, which they needed more of. Especially the final few missions, they were quite good and felt so much better than the rest. It needed much more of thst

Having difficulty getting surround sound working in this one. Tried all the usual tricks, but nothing seems to be working. Anyone know if there is a way to force speaker settings in UE4 games through INI setting? This one only has volume sliders in the sound options and no control panel options are working for my 5.1 analog speaker setup.

So is this game good now? All the reading about it sounded like the gameplay loop kind of sucked. The DLC pricing is a bit off-putting as well.

So is this game good now? All the reading about it sounded like the gameplay loop kind of sucked. The DLC pricing is a bit off-putting as well.

I think the game is very solid. They have added new mission types and other sub goals to freshen things up, gain equipment rewards and generate permanent boosts / perks you can purchase for your mechs and it does help the gameplay loop from becoming too repetitive.

The only thing I would HIGHLY recommend is modding out the artificial drop tonnage limit. Sucks not being able to deploy the mechs you worked so hard at procuring just because they are too heavy and I don't feel it ruins the game balancing at all removing the limit. I also have an increased salvage mod to reduce the grind in late game.

I liken the game to Pokemon with big stompy robots. And there is nothing wrong with that, at all :)

Back