Mechanical Keyboard + MMO/MOBA Mouse

Melee

Gawd
My trusted Razer Death Adder that I've had for 3-4 years finally got the dreaded "double click" where it clicks everything twice and makes it unusable. I also have a cheap Walmart keyboard where the numpad no longer works and it's all rubber domes/membranes under the keys so I will be upgrading immediately.

In regards to the keyboard, I want either Green or Blue switches. Most recently, I owned the Razer Blackwidow Ultimate which had Green switches and I liked it a lot. I've also tried blue, brown, red, etc. and greatly prefer the tactile feel and clicking sound of the greens or blues. I usually end up with either Razer or Logitech when it comes to gaming peripherals as they've always been dependable and are at acceptable price points for what they offer. What would you guys recommend?

In terms of mouse specifics, I have large hands and am somewhat particular about mice but I live in a small area with nowhere near me to try anything out. I also play a lot of WoW and decent amount of LoL with much school work thrown in but I don't play FPS at all. For reference, I have used the Logitech G700s, Logitech G500s, and Razer Death Adder which all were great, especially the G700s and Death Adder. They fit my hand perfectly and are made out of solid, matte plastic material which means they don't slide or feel awkward in my hand. I have also used the Logitech G502 and G600 (MMO/MOBA Mouse) and did not care for them. The G502 was extremely small, made out of some type of cold, slippery plastic, and felt cheap & uncomfortable. The G600 was okay but it was too tall for the width and length due to fitting 12 buttons on the side. I like the design or something similar but it was not made proportionately correct.

After looking around on both companies' websites (I'm open to other brands but generally like to stick with reputable / dependable brands.) it seems like these are the options I have found that caught my eye: (Once again, these will be for solely World of Warcraft (MMO) and League of Legends (MOBA) game wise and a lot of typing as I'm finishing my Business & Accounting degrees so I need the numpad which rules out tenkeyless.)

Keyboards

Logitech G910
Logitech G613
Razer Blackwidow Chroma V2
Razer Blackwidow X Chroma (I think the above one is the new version but wanted to be sure.)

Mice

Razer Naga Trinity (Can swap out 3 different side plates for multiple button configs)
Razer Naga Hex V2
Logitech G903 / G703
(Do they or anyone else have anything similar to the Razers in terms of MMO mice? I'm afraid to try them after how much I disliked the G502 and they look similarly built. What do you guys think here? Any Logitech mice that are excellent or other brands to consider?)

MousePad

Razer Vespula V2 (Has Cloth Side + Plastic Side and a solid Wrist rest which I appreciate since I have a bad wrist.)

Let me know what you guys think. Thanks for the help!

Last edited:
So... Sorry to not endorse Razer peripherals, but... I'd avoid them.

I had a few Razer keyboards a while back, and while they were nice, felt nice, and looked good, they didn't work for me. One flat out died within hours of buying it, the three (THREE) replacements I got did not even work out of the box. I also had a rather... Unfortunate experience with a Razer mouse.

So, what do I recommend? Corsair. I picked up a K70 LUX red backlight with MX Cherry Blue switches just recently, and I have a Corsair Scimitar mouse. I also have a K70 Red backlit/MX Cherry Red keyboard, and a Corsair M65 mouse. Actually, I have 2 M65's, one's in storage.

Why I like the corsair stuff? Other than the RGB bs, it just works. I set up my M65 using the crap Corsair software, and even after the software died, it still kept my profiles, even when I switched PC's. The software for the keyboard and Scimitar is pretty iffy, but once it's working, it will keep going no problem. You can set up different profiles and such, and switch pretty easily... The Scimitar has 12 thumb buttons and two DPI buttons which can be reprogrammed.

I actually have to admit, though, that I don't actually game on my keyboard. I have a Razer Nostromo game pad that I've had for a number of years now, which I still use, despite the fact that the top center button has a bad contact on the key, so I can't use it for movement (you will randomly stop running forward if you use it for that). While I love the Nostromo, when it dies, I'm not getting another one, I'll get a Logitech or something else.

One thing about the mechanical keyboards... DON'T SPILL ON THEM. The switches are so easily shorted out by liquid, it's not even funny. My last K70 that had Cherry MX Red switches was replaced due to a spill. After it dried out, the switches got gummed up and would not release keys.

Bump for Help.

Been busy during the holidays so I'm going to order a new mouse and keyboard today.

I'm considering ones such as the Razer Chroma V2 + Razer Naga Chroma (or Trinity if I can find it on Amazon), Logitech G910 + Logitech G903, and Corsair K95 + Corsair Scimitar.

Any other worthwhile options that I missed? As I said before, would greatly prefer an MMO type mouse similar to the Razer Naga (didn't care for the shape and feel of the Logitech G600) as I play a lot of WoW and desperately need the buttons on the mouse for keybinds. I would also like to have a mechanical keyboard (preferably with Macro keys on the side) that has either Cherry MX Blue switches or in Razer's case, their Green Switches which are similar to the Blues and I have tried them before and liked them.

Let me know what you guys think. Thanks!

I like the Logitechs that used blue switches. That being said, I'd wait just a little bit as mechanical keyboards are literally flooding the market and prices will start to drop pretty quickly as the holidays end. I saw a brand I've heard of a few times call 'red dragon' that I got to try today and it blew me away for a $50 mechanical keyboard. There's a lot of stuff like this now, smaller brands with a lot of value and quality.

I can't help much with the mouse--mainly because I use a trackball. :D

Back