Mechanical Keyboard for gaming?

• Thread starter Deleted whining member 223597
  • Start date
D

Deleted whining member 223597

I have read the stickies and information on mechanical keyboards, and it seems Cherry MX Black's are the best for my gaming needs(I rarely type on this PC, and if I do I can always get my old keyboard out for that). Tenkeyless is basically a 99% must due to personal preference. But which mechanical keyboards are good for gaming? Specifically First Person Shooters.

You will get many different answers on this question. It's personal preference even with gaming on mechanical keyboards. I own a Deck Tactile strictly for FPS gaming and I wouldn't trade it for anything.

http://www.deckkeyboards.com/

I know not alot of people will agree with me but I have a blackwidow ultimate and I love it I have no issues with mine The 1 key took a few weeks to break in but thats it, but I needed a lighted keyboard thats why I went with it. Also the new Corsair looks yummy. If I had it to do over again I would have got the stealth edition of my board cause it is pretty loud.

I have two Leopold tenkeyless boards I got from Elitekeyboards. I don't have black switches (one board with browns and one with reds) but they're great boards.

There's also the CM Storm Quickfire Rapid that should be available soonish with black switches.

I have a Deck, Black Widow Ultimate, and a DAS. I use the BWU the most by a long shot. The blues, and the ability to assign macros, and different keys is nice.

I have two Leopold tenkeyless boards I got from Elitekeyboards. I don't have black switches (one board with browns and one with reds) but they're great boards.

There's also the CM Storm Quickfire Rapid that should be available soonish with black switches.

Do you prefer one color switches over the other on the Leopolds for gaming?

Do you prefer one color switches over the other on the Leopolds for gaming?

I spend more time with the brown switches because I prefer typing on it by a large margin. The red switches are, imo, hard to type on without making a lot of mistakes. They do work really well for gaming though.

If I were only going to get one I'd say go with the brown switches and don't even think twice about it.

Honestly, I think that WASD keyboards are the best keyboard in their price range. The keyboard itself is every bit as good as a filco. The keycaps really put it over the top. The lettering is super durable and looks very good if you ask me.

I was looking at the Razer Black Widow Ultimate Stealth, but its not available in germany right now... I gave the blues a few sample listens and... no, hence the need for the blacks.

Then I looked at some of the Deck Keyboards, I like them, and I don't really know if I'd ever use the macro keys or not. I do REALLY want a backlight though, preferably red or green... But the retailer listed for europe doesn't appear to exist anymore. Any Euros know of another place to get them?

Otherwise I guess I'm stuck without a Backlight and going with something like a Das Keyboard Silent or waiting on the razer BWU stealth...

Or are there other good backlit options?

I was looking at the Razer Black Widow Ultimate Stealth, but its not available in germany right now... I gave the blues a few sample listens and... no, hence the need for the blacks.

Then I looked at some of the Deck Keyboards, I like them, and I don't really know if I'd ever use the macro keys or not. I do REALLY want a backlight though, preferably red or green... But the retailer listed for europe doesn't appear to exist anymore. Any Euros know of another place to get them?

Otherwise I guess I'm stuck without a Backlight and going with something like a Das Keyboard Silent or waiting on the razer BWU stealth...

Or are there other good backlit options?

I am coming from the US to France for one month in december. I could probably sell you the american black widow stealth ultimate for 130eur if you paid shipping. We could use whatever intermediary payment source you want.

EDIT: Err, maybe not the current stealth versions are very expensive because they are sold out. I'll buy anything you want from the US though.

Last edited:
I've got a full stash of Crisco for cookies and seasoning my Wok, only real craving I have is old dutch salt n vinegar chips... god I miss those... But hardly worth the effort. ;)

Plus a US keyboard doesn't do me all that much good, considering I need all the german keys on it. ;)

Back