Mech keyboard with at least 12 macro keys?

viivo

[H]ard|Gawd
Is there a currently available keyboard with a separate macro pad similar to the K95? I upgraded some hardware and now CUE/iCUE causes mass system stutters and unstable FPS in games. Exiting cue clears up all issues. I can find no solution, but I need the 18 macro keys or the MMO I enjoy would become unplayable.

Is there a currently available keyboard with a separate macro pad similar to the K95? I upgraded some hardware and now CUE/iCUE causes mass system stutters and unstable FPS in games. Exiting cue clears up all issues. I can find no solution, but I need the 18 macro keys or the MMO I enjoy would become unplayable.

Did you try removing icue and reinstalling the latest version? I had some troubles with it a while ago and this has resolved my issues. And I do mean completely uninstall, saved setting and all.

The logitech g910 has some seperate macro keys https://www.logitechg.com/en-us/pro...910-orion-rgb-gaming-keyboard.920-008012.html

Reactions: viivo
like this
I switched from the original K95 like you have to a G910. G910 only has 9 macro keys but there are also buttons on the keyboard so can switch between 3 sets. The macro keys are closer to the regular keys instead of at a different height on some tacked on attachment like the K95. 5 of them are spaced slightly to the left and 4 more directly above F1-F4. They're part of the same board and are easier to press without having to look down at the keyboard if you have your hands on the regular keys.

If you're completely moving your hand over and only using the macro keys (with your hand off the regular keys) I don't think it's a good replacement.
But if you're using the regular keys and just tapping the macros during that I think it's much better. There's only 9, but they're much easier to press and you can also change the regular keys to behave like macro keys. For example you could set F1-F4 to do macros.

Reactions: viivo
like this
If you're completely moving your hand over and only using the macro keys (with your hand off the regular keys) I don't think it's a good replacement.
But if you're using the regular keys and just tapping the macros during that I think it's much better. There's only 9, but they're much easier to press and you can also change the regular keys to behave like macro keys. For example you could set F1-F4 to do macros.

I have my hotbars set up to match the hotkey positions and I don't trust my brain enough to learn another layout:
20200508_144626.jpgffxiv_02092020_085217_507.jpg

Thanks for the replies. During my extensive search for a solution I noticed that many of the people reporting the issue were using an ASRock Z390 TaiChi. Strangely, it's simpler for me to just get a different motherboard than find the elusive keyboard with macro keys or build a macro pad. I hate ASRock's UEFI anyway.

Last edited:
Back