Mech KB isn't for me - Looking for backlit quiet dome KB

1911Shootist

[H]ard|Gawd
I've come to realization I don't like the travel of mechanical keyboards - I guess I got too used to half travel keys on cheap boards and laptops over the years.

I currently use a Microsoft Wired 600 (rarely - backup at home) and Dell KB552 (extensively at work). I'd like a backlit (white only/primarily) version of either... Does such a thing exist?

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I guess I got too used to half travel keys on cheap boards and laptops over the years.

Your keyboard preferences sound a lot like mine.

The thread I started recently...

...contains some keyboard suggestions from others. You might get some mileage from them.

However, I think I've just gotta bite the mechanical bullet.

I say this because it seems to me that, in order to get a quality, wired, tenkeyless keyboard, you end up buying a mechanical one.

Have you tried Topre? It is amazing. You can easily reduce the travel by adding O-rings as well. There are a few brands that make RGB/backlit models using Topre, here is an example.

https://www.amazon.com/Seasonic-REALFORCE-AEAX01-108-Key-Keyboard/dp/B01MSOPQ54

Topre is sort of a sweet middle between regular rubber domes and mechanical. They are really high quality, so they can tend to be more expensive. But they last forever and tend to have great warranties.

Back