mecabre-ish manip

MadJuggla9

2[H]4U
i finally got PS back on the PC. Haven't gotten to do anyhting but websites lately ..... and I'm severely lacking in fonts ... I was thinking of blackening out some of the surrounding and maybe try to implement my head laying down (dead):

original:
original.jpg

edited:
maggotface.jpg

No offense, but I'm really over the whole grunge image genre. Its getting to the point where its overdone.

pistola said:
No offense, but I'm really over the whole grunge image genre. Its getting to the point where its overdone.

everything gets that way, but genres of design form into new formations .... like the whole robouk.co.uk site was pixel border until that wasnt trendwhore. I dont really seeing mecabre going anywhere, its a specific genre that is the same. I obviously don't have a strict meaning to it as the photo is generic, but it does strictly follow mecabre. Im looking for some ideas to make it unique ...... I usually leave my drafts like this alone for a month and look at it once a week until something clicks. I try and find space that can be utilized to implement something that ties into the design and implement it. Thus far its just a grunge image. but the texture work was a lengthy process.

Thanks for the feedback, I look for critiques .... and thanks for shreeking hupo lol. As far as exceptional artists I have too many to name to implement ideas much better, my fav would have to be n05feratu on devart.

6/10 seems a bit underdone and plain it's lacking alot of colour and depth. Because you really haven't done alot with it. Nice try with the maggots but it would've worked better if they were coming out of his ear instead.

MadJuggla9 said:
everything gets that way, but genres of design form into new formations .... like the whole robouk.co.uk site was pixel border until that wasnt trendwhore. I dont really seeing mecabre going anywhere, its a specific genre that is the same. I obviously don't have a strict meaning to it as the photo is generic, but it does strictly follow mecabre. Im looking for some ideas to make it unique ...... I usually leave my drafts like this alone for a month and look at it once a week until something clicks. I try and find space that can be utilized to implement something that ties into the design and implement it. Thus far its just a grunge image. but the texture work was a lengthy process.

Thanks for the feedback, I look for critiques .... and thanks for shreeking hupo lol. As far as exceptional artists I have too many to name to implement ideas much better, my fav would have to be n05feratu on devart.

I'm confused :confused: are you trying to spell Macabre? as in the english language word Macabre meaning ghastly: shockingly repellent; inspiring horror?

undeadsac said:
I'm confused :confused: are you trying to spell Macabre? as in the english language word Macabre meaning ghastly: shockingly repellent; inspiring horror?

correct

tisb0b said:
6/10 seems a bit underdone and plain it's lacking alot of colour and depth. Because you really haven't done alot with it. Nice try with the maggots but it would've worked better if they were coming out of his ear instead.

Was the edge of the picture ..... more criticisms please! This is the first draft. I put a cut in the face for maggots to crawl from, I could implement some on the ear although i hate expanding the canvas in some situations.

undeadsac - sorry for the mispelling, and thats the genre it best fits. I guess I could have said grunge .... but every genre is vague to an extent because of the other genres it may fit into.

the maggots look too real compared to the rest of the picture..they either need to be overlayed on top of the texture or has some effects placed on them to make them seem less photographed...other than that the textures and colors are good...

one more thing is to go back in and add definition to mouth...right now its a mass of textures and cant seen any definetion to the lower face

those are my 2 cents

I think the magots are fine the way they are, they create a great focal point for the image. I think the only thing that bothers me, is the eye. I know its supposed to be an eye, but its kind of hard to distinguish it. If there is one thing about a creature or person thats most striking its their eyes. I think they eye could use more work work.

i think the eye is fine but those maggots look too real...the eyes are already a focal point but the maggots are just a distractor and sorely stick out as they are way too photographed

MadJuggla9 said:
Was the edge of the picture ..... more criticisms please! This is the first draft. I put a cut in the face for maggots to crawl from, I could implement some on the ear although i hate expanding the canvas in some situations.

undeadsac - sorry for the mispelling, and thats the genre it best fits. I guess I could have said grunge .... but every genre is vague to an extent because of the other genres it may fit into.

I'm not a stickler for spelling, i was legitimately confused as to whether there was a specific movement with mecabre as the name like cubism. sorry to sound like a dick.

looks ok i think the eye could do with dsome more work and maybe a different background texture as thats already used on the face.

reminds me of a eye manip i did.

Eye%20Manipulation%20copy.jpg

undeadsac said:
I'm not a stickler for spelling, i was legitimately confused as to whether there was a specific movement with mecabre as the name like cubism. sorry to sound like a dick.

I was being serious :confused:

other person:
Thanks for the mouth info. I may try to get rid of some web and show something else.

Back