ME: Andromeda Dev Chalks Up Some of the Game’s Problems to a Lack of Diversity

"Jewish people, I am not here to make you feel comfortable or ok with yourself or the jewish supremacy you benefit from."

"I got 99 problems but worrying that black people think I'm racist against black people ain't one HIT ME"

"I follow too many jewish dudes, so if you get culled, tough shit. Blame the dominance of your species/race/gender."

Manveer Heir
ME:A designer

Wut.

Diversity- too much or too little, had nothing to do with the problems on this game. Not enough people for the expected time-frame, poor direction leading to countless re-writes and indecision on 3rd party systems, shopping pieces of the game out to external development teams, non-existent testing of... anything, and shipping the game anyway, regardless of all of those factors causing it to end up incomplete and buggy.

Basically the same shit as every other crap AAA game. TLDR: Shit management is the reason for 80% of it. Both senior and middle management.

What ridiculous nonsense.

Also: Mass Effect 1 was the only really good one in the whole series.

Wait... So a bunch of guys were ut on a team together and told to make a game and they are getting flak.... Blame the developers bosses and the company structure.
Meanwhile their fantasies will play out in games....
Pass

I am not sure, but the fact that people care more about what happens in a video game than what happens in real world when it is the EXACT same issue, is causing me to lose hope in the human species...

I am not sure, but the fact that people care more about what happens in a video game than what happens in real world when it is the EXACT same issue, is causing me to lose hope in the human species...
Diversity is not an issue anywhere.

This guy is saying something completely batshit crazy in an article? I'm shocked.... wait... no I'm not...

C7O-qt1V0AAXCg7.jpg

CpNzl15UkAAS7Wa.jpg

"Jewish people, I am not here to make you feel comfortable or ok with yourself or the jewish supremacy you benefit from."

"I got 99 problems but worrying that black people think I'm racist against black people ain't one HIT ME"

"I follow too many jewish dudes, so if you get culled, tough shit. Blame the dominance of your species/race/gender."

Manveer Heir
ME:A designer
I always find it funny how the ctrl-left are anti-Semitic and that's not a problem at all. Shows that they're not all that removed from their Nazi roots.

ME was a game where you could play male or female and have a homo-inter-species relationship if you so desired and that apparently was not enough. I got a whole SJW and snowflake vibe playing the game and that is PART of what made it suck. How come games are not about fun any more and have a fricken agenda?

You must not have been around for the whole Development Hell portion of ME:A? https://kotaku.com/the-story-behind-mass-effect-andromedas-troubled-five-1795886428. It's a good read into what really happened from the development stand point to created the turd.

Summary:
The development of Andromeda was turbulent and troubled, marred by a director change, multiple major re-scopes, an understaffed animation team, technological challenges, communication issues, office politics, a compressed timeline, and brutal crunch.

Honestly I played through some of the game and I didn't find the game "Bad" as people say. Especially with the patches, it's worth a pickup now. I need to finish the game... but like all games these days, I just stop playing after a while.

I second this, I found the game pretty decent right off the bat, did not notice any real issues whatsoever until the first patch, sure some of the animations or lack thereof needed more polish and should have looked much nicer than it did (especially some of the GUI) but for all the bad talk on ME:A I did not mind it in the least, never bothered with MP side however.

I think the real problem with Bioware or basically anyone under EA umbrella is EA, not giving full autonomy to make the best product possible, forced to cut things away to ensure DLC selling etc.

EA has many awesome game franchises available to therm/developers they need to back off and let the polishing of the titles, significant play testing etc be done BEFORE they waste hundreds of millions $ marketing chop away much of what makes the games potentially awesome just to upsell more on already expensive titles, or forcing potential buyers to wait months to make it "worth" playing/buying, bad press because of issues real or implied is millions $ lost revenue for what is likely very easily avoided.

They also NEED to pay attention to their alpha/beta testers to ensure a quality product and not just cater to Nvidia, Intel, or themselves by scrapping what was working perfectly in testing but becomes like lipstick on a pig come RTM version.

IMO if they (and other publisher/devs) are wanting/needing to go the route of DLC or aftermarket sales they should reduce the cost of the games purchase price either outright or more quickly (just shows they don't have much confidence in what they are trying to sell and want to make as much $$ as quickly as possible so they can rinse and repeat and work their poor devs to the bone)

Back