MCP650 Pump $29.95 @ Petra's.

So you guys recommend that pump? I am building a quad loop system, and 4 for 99 is quite tempting, should I bite?

if youre not experianced with building WC loops i dont think you should do 4 pumps. How many blocks are you gonna use. 2 pumps can support alot as is.

So you guys recommend that pump? I am building a quad loop system, and 4 for 99 is quite tempting, should I bite?

4 loops? What are u cooling?
If its the system in you sig that can be done with 1 loop easy.
Heck I cooled 2 PCs (3 blocks) with 1 loop for 2 years. lol

I am experienced, and my current system does use a single loop. The next is a work in progress :)

CPU, 4x VGA, 4x RAM, All Chipsets.

Ended up ordering 4 even though I have a massively high pressure iwaki, 1is for a friend though (slowly getting him up from his thermaltake setup)..

Ended up being stupid and ordering a fuzion 2 and quad nozzel also even though I have a fuzion 1. I need a new mounting kit for the 1 and somehow talked myself into upgrading.

okay, i looked around at svc, sidewinder, xoxide, crazypc, jabtech.. and besides the pump which isnt available anywhere else but petras apparently.. the prices for the parts in the WC kit that everyone is saying is an amazing deal are almost exactly the same, varying higher or lower by ~$4. i really want to build a WC loop, but is the kit really all that good of a "sale"?

The D4 is very very close in performance to the D5/MCP655 except those can be gotten with variable speed and they have a slightly differnt tone to their sound. The D5/655 tends to run in the 75+shipping range. The cheapest D4 or D5 type pump I've seen is about 75, and low 60's is the cheapest I have ever seen a D4 or D5 and that was at Newegg and they were almost always sold out,Petra has some posts on a couple forums (I think here) that show that the D4 actually performs a bit better.

The price of the kit looks about the same as the radiator, pump, and water block so your basically getting the other stuff for free. Its not a huge discount really but a big reason why its not looking so great is because the same items are already on sale at Petra's. His shipping is quite resonable also. I don't think anyone does kits as well as Petra and he has amazing customer service. If you have built a loop before you could go with the kit or not but you will probably end up with close to the same parts, but the big advantage of the kit is that you know you have everything you need. It seems that Petra does a really good job on everything else so I'm guessing his instructions are pretty good, but I haven't personally seen them or heard anyone elses comments on them either.

My only possible complaint on the kit is that it would be nice to be able to select a different Rad but if you have a case big enough for a bigger Rad you can probably fit a triple and a double in your case.

Their is no single branded kit that will get anywhere close to that value.

Yep, I bit and ordered a kit late last night. What do you guys think about an external reservoir? I was thinking the Swifttech MCRES-Micro Rev. 2 becase it looks cool and small size. Thanks.

Yep, I bit and ordered a kit late last night. What do you guys think about an external reservoir? I was thinking the Swifttech MCRES-Micro Rev. 2 becase it looks cool and small size. Thanks.

I don't want to turn this thread into a watercooling discussion thread esp. since these things should be covered in the FAQs and Links in the WC section but I would (and do) skip a res.

Great Deal. I should get this...... =D

That 650 looks strangely familiar..and seems almost exactly the same as my Swiftech 655 pump...anyone care to note the difference between the two?

Dug up this from the 'net:

the mcp655 is an updated version, performs better, is quieter, and has a adjustable knob for rpms

MCP650 = blue body
MCP655 = black body and red 'pot' on back

I don't want to turn this thread into a watercooling discussion thread esp. since these things should be covered in the FAQs and Links in the WC section but I would (and do) skip a res.

That's all I needed to know, thanks.

Great Deal. I should get this...... =D

Dug up this from the 'net:

the mcp655 is an updated version, performs better, is quieter, and has a adjustable knob for rpms

MCP650 = blue body
MCP655 = black body and red 'pot' on back

Petra just put a thread comparing the D4 and D5. Read it. Interesting. The D4 deal is nice for those that can't afford better, but personally the D5's a better pump.

If they have this combo still on Friday, it's mine, I don't care how much my wife beats me. :D
$129 for my first water kit would make me a happy panda. (although I'd pick up a Microres at the same time)

if only the d4 combo kit had the rad with the res on it. dang... lookin for one now...

Back