MCP650 Pump $29.95 @ Petra's.

That 650 looks strangely familiar..and seems almost exactly the same as my Swiftech 655 pump...anyone care to note the difference between the two?

helluva deal. straight from the PTS site, it's almost like the D5 based pumps but is only slightly louder. Performance-wise, it is better than the D5 fixed speed pumps... looks like a winner at that price, just buy some acoustic matting with the savings.

Holy crap! That's a good deal on the kit, decent pump dual rad and all the other stuff you need! I might pick that up tomorrow to replace my scythe ninja. Great deal!

I have a CPU only loop with an MCP-350 would this be of any benefit to me, or just louder?

Is this that good? Easy to set up for a first timer? Maybe I will think about saving my money and ordering one of these.

I have a CPU only loop with an MCP-350 would this be of any benefit to me, or just louder?

you're better off sticking with what you've got... what you're using now is good enough.

the kit for 129 bux is definately hot !

Whoa! Edit: Damn! No shipping to Canada?

They ship to Canada, orderd 2-3 times from them. The key is to send them a email or call them to make the order since their system isn't setup for international orders.

/Wave from HWC :D

if i were to buy that kit would it have everything i need? would it work with the specs in my sig? most noticeably my case since its an sff.

would you guys recommend this for someone like me who has never done water before?

reason im asking is because im about to drop 120 bux on some noctua fans and a cpu cooler.

if i were to buy that kit would it have everything i need? would it work with the specs in my sig? most noticeably my case since its an sff.

would you guys recommend this for someone like me who has never done water before?

reason im asking is because im about to drop 120 bux on some noctua fans and a cpu cooler.

if you're a first timer and want the most simple setup possible you can always get the swiftech 120 compact kit which is 120 bux and in 2 parts... the petras kit has a double radiator which is better but you'd be fine with a single providing you're not doing a hefty overclock.

They ship to Canada, orderd 2-3 times from them. The key is to send them a email or call them to make the order since their system isn't setup for international orders.

/Wave from HWC :D

Sweet. Thanks Xil.

This is an unbelievable deal!!

The diff between the D4 and the D5 (similarly the MCP650 and MCP655) is that the D5/MCP655 has variable speed. That's the only difference I believe.

I have the D5. I always had it at maxed setting, so I could care less if I didn't have the adjustment option.

*Edit*
On second thought, there's little difference, but almost negligible. I really would still hop on this deal if I had to buy a pump.

if you're a first timer and want the most simple setup possible you can always get the swiftech 120 compact kit which is 120 bux and in 2 parts... the petras kit has a double radiator which is better but you'd be fine with a single providing you're not doing a hefty overclock.
a lot of bad reviews about that kit online, most about the pump leaking or something similar:confused:

im willing to get this kit but im paranoid about it not fitting, i would like to overclock to lets say 3.6 or lower if even possible in my sff.

also, is this kit loud?

thx

a lot of bad reviews about that kit online, most about the pump leaking or something similar:confused:

im willing to get this kit but im paranoid about it not fitting, i would like to overclock to lets say 3.6 or lower if even possible in my sff.

also, is this kit loud?

thx

ive had one before it didnt leak... just make sure the pump top is screwed on tight before firing it up... you will want to go for the petra kit with double radiator if you're shooting for an OC that high. but it will be more work putting it together etc.

and if you're talking about newegg reviews of that swiftech kit then forget about them... half the people on there don't even know what they're doing. shit.... i was on there reading a review of a northbridge cooler and someone put something along the lines of 'didn't fit on my cpu properly so RMA'd it'. LOL

the Swiftech all in one kit is crap compared to the D-tek fuzion, separate pump, etc. If you have been interesting in watercooling, now is the time. Normal price to piece that kit together would be almost $200 shipped.

i ended up going with the air solution, buying that kit was risky for me considering petras doesnt accept returns on clearance items, it probably wouldnt have fit my case, and im sure it would have been louder than my noctua solution.

yeah, same here, I ordered an AC Freezer instead, it was too risky for me to spend that on something I've never done.

Well I bit after reading that the swiftech is a rebranded Laing that is an Amazing price on that pump

I dont' have room in my case (LIAN-LI PC-60FWB) for the 120.2 radiator. Any suggestions where I should mount it? I was thinking of constructing a wooden box of some sort and mounting the radiator and pump in there. What do you guys think?

Couldn't you simply undervolt the pump to reduce the noise if necessary?

It does look like that's the only difference between the D5/MCP655

Main issue with these pumps is the high-pitched whine. I've gotten used to it, but some people are really anal about these things.

I got the Swiftech 655 fixed speed pump and cannot hear it over my 4 yate 1200 rpm fans. I think if you get this pump you will be good to go. What a deal!

Im one of those anal people. :)

The pitch of this pump drove me insane, It just powers through all ambient noises and pierces your brain like a hot poker.

I dont' have room in my case (LIAN-LI PC-60FWB) for the 120.2 radiator. Any suggestions where I should mount it? I was thinking of constructing a wooden box of some sort and mounting the radiator and pump in there. What do you guys think?

Easy. I'd stick the 120.2 (I'm assuming a PA, since you're using the '120.2' naming scheme) rad right up top towards the front in the IDE bays. I'd ditch the stock switches and ports up top and either relocate them/ditch them. A simple power-switch could be put on the front bezel or elsewhere on the case. Mod two holes for the fans, etc. (obviously) and get a radgrill to cover the ports/switch holes up top, as well as a mount for the rad/fans. Pump could be mounted anywhere you can fit it in. Or rad can be mounted towards the back, leaving the switches intact, since the PSU is at the bottom of the case.

Id be willing to bet any bad reviews are from people setting it up wrong. I don't see how you could mess it up. If the tubing fits "too easy" over any of the parts then use clamps. If the tubing doesn't fit easy enough then boil the ends and then attach everything, when the tubing cools it should be on there very solid. No idea how you could mess it up if you know what you're doing.

that is a great deal on a nice kit . there is no way that pump is louder then mid yate loons and they are very quiet . i am thinking of grabing that kit just because of the price and i have a $150 pa 120.3 rad . That is a great first time water cooling kit , why because the price is right you can't go wrong . It even has the rad box so you can mount the rad in the back outside of your case .

That kit would be better then the best air cooling for oc'ing and quietness .

curiously would this pump be enough for A quad and 2 video cards? (4870's or 1 4870x2)

It would depend on the blocks being used. To get rid of that much heat though (400+ W), you'd have to be using a 120.3 radiator, and high speed fans (40+dba)

curiously would this pump be enough for A quad and 2 video cards? (4870's or 1 4870x2)

At that price why not get two (or four) and if you don't need it remove the extra one.

Does anyone know if some of the new D5/655 pump tops would work with this? I can't see why not but I don't see anyone listing it as working for sure.

This pump will run 3 blocks easy, even the most restrictive ones.
I run 3 blocks with my 655, 1 highly restrictive, 2 free flowing, and only on a power setting of 3.

Yeah that pump would do it. But its not variable like the d5 i'm pretty sure it runs on a constant 4speed setting compared to the d5 vario. Also i bit and bought the kit. Great deal. Petra rocks.

Back