MCE and Xbox 360 remote issues

fireburster

[H]ard|Gawd
Anyone run VMC and have an xbox 360 on the same tv? When i turn on my xbox with the remote it shuts the pc off. When i hit the green button to watch something on my vmc it turns the xbox on. This is why i have given up so many times running a pc hooked to the tv. No one else has this issue? I have never seen anyone say anything about this before.

I always turn my xbox on with the controller and never have any interaction from the PC. I do get the other problem with the xbox turning on sometimes. I just dont use the media center button enough to be bothered by it.

looks like in the system blade you can make it so it only reponds to only 360 codes which im not sure will work as i do use it sometimes for media center. Just seems like someone would have a 360 and a pc hooked to the same tv.

looks like in the system blade you can make it so it only reponds to only 360 codes which im not sure will work as i do use it sometimes for media center. Just seems like someone would have a 360 and a pc hooked to the same tv.

Yep, works. System > Remote

yeah got it switched last night. Hit the green button on my vmc and no xbox power up. Seemed like a lot of searching the internets for such a small fix.

Back