McDonalds Says: Video Games Make You Fat

I believe its the syrups and sugars used in soda not the caffeine that dehydrate you.

GSneptune is right. Syrups and sugars will actually cause you to retain water. Caffeine is a diuretic, but I'm not sure that causes your metabolism to slow down. Caffeine is very popular in some ephedrine stacks, which is designed to speed up your metabolism.

Caffeine is a diuretic, but I'm not sure that causes your metabolism to slow down. Caffeine is very popular in some ephedrine stacks, which is designed to speed up your metabolism.

diuretic
1. increasing the volume of the urine excreted, as by a medicinal substance.

Healthy metabolism requires water. A lot of water. Eight glasses a day, in fact. ;)

ok...this had me lmao....reason:

The mc donalds where i used to live.....had Video Games in the LOBBY! lmao

so there trying to blame the thing that is in the resturant for what there food is doing :/

ok...this had me lmao....reason:

The mc donalds where i used to live.....had Video Games in the LOBBY! lmao

so there trying to blame the thing that is in the resturant for what there food is doing :/

Heh. A Burger King near my work occasionally had an Xbox hooked up to the TV hanging from the ceiling. Oddly enough it was only inches away from one of the exits.

diuretic
1. increasing the volume of the urine excreted, as by a medicinal substance.

Healthy metabolism requires water. A lot of water. Eight glasses a day, in fact. ;)

Well nobody said to stop drinking water! ;) Plus I believe the desire to release water is counterbalanced by the body's desire to retain it because of the high syrup and sugar. Think of your friend, relative or yourself who drank only soda (caffeinated soda) all day. I know someone who is addicted to Mountain Dew and that's all he would drink. If soda in whole was a diuretic they would have dehyrdrated to death. I know for a fact when I was young water made me nauseous. I didn't drink anything but soda for probably 10 years straight as a kid. It wasn't until I started drinking alcohol that I learned the true value of water :p

Well nobody said to stop drinking water! ;) Plus I believe the desire to release water is counterbalanced by the body's desire to retain it because of the high syrup and sugar. Think of your friend, relative or yourself who drank only soda (caffeinated soda) all day. I know someone who is addicted to Mountain Dew and that's all he would drink. If soda in whole was a diuretic they would have dehyrdrated to death. I know for a fact when I was young water made me nauseous. I didn't drink anything but soda for probably 10 years straight as a kid. It wasn't until I started drinking alcohol that I learned the true value of water :p

I didn't say soda in whole was a diuretic. The caffeine is a diuretic. There's only like 30mg or less of caffeine in most caffeinated pop. It's not a lot. In fact, it only slows metabolism like 5% or less. Not significant here and there, but if pop is a primary food group, it can be, especially if weight is already a problem.

It's a bit strange that water by itself made you nauseated, but you were fine if carbonation and sugar were added. Must've been a taste thing.

Also, you should tell your friend to ease up, especially if it's a guy planning to have kids someday. :D

Well, that and for other health reasons.

I think parents are to blame. When I was a kid my mother practically drove me out of the house to do things several hours a day. Go to the park. Play with friends, walk around.. Just don't expect to sit around all day! TV, video games and McDonald's food were all luxuries doled out in small quantities.

That's the one. kids not listening. And parents not trying. >.>

I didn't say soda in whole was a diuretic. The caffeine is a diuretic. There's only like 30mg or less of caffeine in most caffeinated pop. It's not a lot. In fact, it only slows metabolism like 5% or less. Not significant here and there, but if pop is a primary food group, it can be, especially if weight is already a problem.

It's a bit strange that water by itself made you nauseated, but you were fine if carbonation and sugar were added. Must've been a taste thing.

Caffeine is also a thermogenic, offsetting the reduction in metabolism from it's diuretic properties. I would say it wouldn't even touch your metabolism.

I'm the same way with straight water though. On an empty stomach, drinking water will force me to vomit, almost instantly. I wake up with either a diet coke (if I have to) or a single spoonfull of vanilla ice cream. That lets me drink a glass of water before breakfast.

Soda is probably the most fattening drink or type of food you can consume. Because it boost's your blood sugar at first then drops it out... pretty much forcing you too eat again.

Soda is probably the most fattening drink or type of food you can consume. Because it boost's your blood sugar at first then drops it out... pretty much forcing you too eat again.

It's called willpower :p. You don't HAVE to eat.

if you wanna feel homeostasis you do, I mean 1 soda is going to dangerously drop your blood sugar but it will make you all jittery and shit, throw off your homeostasis.

that's cause most people ignore their bodily functions and don't recognize things out of the norm. (robots) but it's really happening you blood sugar drops and makes you 10 times more hungry so if you don't wanna get fat stay away from soda.

Back