McDonald's In Singapore Has VR And Kinect-Powered Kiosk

HardOCP News

[H] News
You know what would be great? A virtual reality kiosk in a McDonald's that gives you a VR tour of the McDonald building you are already in. Wait. What? I can't wait to try out Google Cardboard with my greasy french fry fingers. :rolleyes:

The store has kiosks installed with custom Google Cardboard headsets for customers to use. Unfortunately these allow only for a 360-degree VR tour of the outlet you're already sitting in -- hardly a terribly exciting use of VR technology. To keep kids entertained, there's an interactive shadow wall powered by Microsoft Kinect. Children, and adults for that matter, stand in front of a wall and control various shadow characters from McDonald's advertising lore, including Grimiss and The Hamburglar.

Last edited:
How the hell else are they going to sell their junk. Maybe the burger looks better in VR.

Grimiss? Is that the spelling used in Singapore?

Edit: Since nobody has answered I researched it myself, as best I could. It seems that "Grimiss" was just a misspelling, and McDonald's uses "Grimace" in Singapore. I'm mildly disappointed that "Grimiss" is not a bit of local flavor.

Last edited:
How the hell else are they going to sell their junk. Maybe the burger looks better in VR.

I was just thinking the same thing. You could be lookking at a perfect burger in VR, and then really be eating some horse-sh*t burger with maggots crawling out of it thinking its mayo sliding off your fingers....lol

I was just thinking the same thing. You could be lookking at a perfect burger in VR, and then really be eating some horse-sh*t burger with maggots crawling out of it thinking its mayo sliding off your fingers....lol

Oh man... Gross....

I think I'll keep the touchscreen ones they use around here. The last thing I want to do is use a VR headset that 1000 other people have used.

I think I'll keep the touchscreen ones they use around here. The last thing I want to do is use a VR headset that 1000 other people have used.
lol at the touch screens! the mcd by me put those in after our minimum wage went up. went from 6 registers to 1 and 4 touch screens. "we don't need no stinkin employees!"

I can't wait to try out Google Cardboard with my greasy french fry fingers.

You could pop VR headgear out of your Happy Meal box! McDonald's lawyers please contact me at this address.

Back