MC: i3 and motherboard 119.99 is back

I haven't been keeping up with tech stuff lately, but is this really a good deal? I may pick one up at the Dallas location tomorrow.

I haven't been keeping up with tech stuff lately, but is this really a good deal? I may pick one up at the Dallas location tomorrow.

It's a good deal because it's essentially getting a free motherboard. If you really want it, you should order it online and pick up at a later date. Trying to order it tomorrow may not be an option.

Edit: picked up another set today. I got in on the last deal too.

Last edited:
what's the difference?

I believe the P23 only has VGA and not HDMI/DVI, as well as not being able to support RAID and a few other things. It is a deal breaker if you want to use it as a HTPC; unless you have a HDMI video card laying around.

I'm keeping my i3 540/H55 setup as my HTPC and putting these Sandy Bridge setups to other use.

wow. I'm shocked MSI wouldn't include HDMI on that mobo.

Low end board, most likely for enterprise. The biggest reseaon for it being used in this deal is a shortage of e33 boards that have more features including HDMI. Wish they would have used the e23 like the newegg combo instead of the p23

Last edited:
The closest micro center is me is about 2 hour drive, and its in around detroit, Mi. which the ways gas prices are i would not really be saving anything.

They need to put one In Toledo,OH they would get so many customer's they would run bestbuy and other local computer place out of town. i would be a happy geek

Did anyone try arguing that the picture shows an E33 board or that the first item in the list is the E33 but the link redirects you to the P23?

Question - would something like this be complete overkill if I was looking to build a touch-screen based jukebox for my bar area? I believe I saw some touch screen based games that would be kind of fun to kill time with...for entertaining guests. I'm thinking I could let them select their music and play those games on the same box...maybe toss some music vids up on it as well..don't have a huge collection of those though..LoL.

Sorry if this question is in the wrong spot - thanks for your input.

This is still a great deal folks, the i3 2100 is a massively powerful CPU for the price... it beats quad core AMD CPUs pretty much everything and matches i7 930s in gaming.

This is still a great deal folks, the i3 2100 is a massively powerful CPU for the price... it beats quad core AMD CPUs pretty much everything and matches i7 930s in gaming.

+1 to that. I built a computer for my wife with one of these combos and its been great. She doesn't push it too hard but I've been very happy with it.

use your $25 off intel motherboard coupon and 5% off coupon with this combo. sandy bridge combo for only $90 bucks :)

Did anyone try arguing that the picture shows an E33 board or that the first item in the list is the E33 but the link redirects you to the P23?

I suggested that in the slick deals thread, but it appears to a physical stock issue, i.e. they ran out from a previous sale and don't have any on hand.

Back