MC 2500k $60 off combo price with certain Z68 Gen3 MB

Looks like the deal is only valid for in store pick up. I ordered mine for in store pick up then went and picked it up.

Awesome, now I have no reason not to complete a build this month!

First of all take a look at the November Special ad on page 27 to see what MB qualify for the $60 off. I like the new Z68 MBs that support PCI 3.0 for future proofing.

MSI offers the Z68 G45 Gen3 in the deal as well for sli/Xfire Not as expensive as the G65 model that I got but may work out for more affordable build.

The deal also has the ASRock Z68 EXTREME4 GEN3 which I almost bought. The MSI military class electrical components, good warranty and customer support are what won the deal for me.

If Z68 with PCI 3.0 doesn't interest you, some of the B3 MB flavors are part of the deal as well. They have been around for awhile and have more reviews to research.

It is now ANY P67 or Z68 board in stock. In store only

My old trusty server motheboard finally bit the dust so I hopped on this deal and picked up an i5 2500k/Asus P8Z68-V LX. Gotta love having a MC around the corner. Pretty huge upgrade from the old Athlon 64 3200+ :D

my q9500 is starting to show some age, that and I cant push it anymore past 3.4ghz . is 2500k a huge upgrade over this?

my q9500 is starting to show some age, that and I cant push it anymore past 3.4ghz . is 2500k a huge upgrade over this?

I had a q9500+8GB ram back in the day and for daily use I didn't see that much of a difference, however in games and other cpu intensive tasks it does yield an impressive result.

Microcenter pricematches Newegg and will beat them by 5%.
No, they dont. They will evenly match newegg only on CPUs, and will not match newegg coupons or promotions. I talked with three different people there when I bought a 1090T the other day and newegg had it $10 cheaper with a coupon code.
Hows the Gigabyte GA Z68X UD3H?

Crossfire run alright on it?

Might head out tomorrow and grab the combo for $270.. Hell of alot cheaper than i was gonna pay with newegg
Probably be my last upgrade for a while. So hoping it'll last a bit.

I bought the 2500K and that board a couple weeks ago when it was $290 after rebate. Went back and got the $20 refunded, but also the lady rang it up wrong and gave me the after rebate price so I got an extra $10 off too.

Board is great, except the LLC is very anoying. There is always a .08V variance between idle and load, and all the LLC does is move that variance around.

1.3V Lvl4 = 1.308 Idle / 1.224 Load
1.325 Lvl4 = 1.338 Idle / 1.248 Load
1.325 Lvl5 = 1.368 Idle / 1.284 Load
1.34 Lvl5 = 1.380 Idle / 1.296 Load
1.34 Lvl6 = 1.416 Idle / 1.332 Load
1.375 Lvl4 = 1.380 Idle / 1.296 Load

No, they dont. They will evenly match newegg only on CPUs, and will not match newegg coupons or promotions. I talked with three different people there when I bought a 1090T the other day and newegg had it $10 cheaper with a coupon code.

I swear, the amount of bad info i run across sometimes amazes me, i've read that stuff i posted not once, but a few times. And here i am spreading the bad info.

Maybe it's some Microcenters, but not all?

I wouldn't have thought they would match a coupon price though, but no promo's either, hmmph.

can someone recommend the best mATX board for over clocking that MC has avail? I picked up one of the earlier deals a few months ago with a gigabyte board, and it didn't support hard voltage adjustments. So I'm looking to replace the board and would rather pick up another proc with it as well, my only requirements is mATX as i'm putting it in a fortress ft03. Thanks!

I hope Microcenter starts carrying the Asus Gene-Z soon!!! I wanna get this + 2500K :cool:

Damn it, closest MC is 2.5 hours away. Although the bundle I just put together is $100 cheaper than Newegg.

Decisions, decisions...

Thanks for this deal.

I went out on Saturday and purchased two bundles: 2500k + P67 for myself ($250 w/tax), and 2600k + P8Z68 for a friend (~$420 I believe). I couldn't get my 2500k system up Saturday due to a pin missing from the socket, but I did exchange the mobo on Sunday and now everything is running great.

Was my first time shopping at MC. Pretty good experience I'd say.

My old trusty server motheboard finally bit the dust so I hopped on this deal and picked up an i5 2500k/Asus P8Z68-V LX. Gotta love having a MC around the corner. Pretty huge upgrade from the old Athlon 64 3200+ :D

I'm going with the same tag-team (upgrade for Mighty Mouse) - I have the RAM (8GB of "house-brand" DDR3-1333 with timings of 9-9-9-24 cost me $42 including tax - not on sale) waiting. Barring last-minute snags, I should have Sand in my toes by Friday. (However, Mighty Mouse's mobo won't loaf for long - I'm trying to close a deal on a Q6600 for it so I can pass it to Mom for a Yule prezzie - she's coming from a Prescott P4 with a single gigabyte of DDR2; she already has an ATX case and PSU suitable for it.)

Definetly not advisable. Your 930 won't fit.

Check this forum for a recent X58 deal.

Thanks for the info. Glad you helped, otherwise, I would be in a very surprised situation.

MicroCenter could be more specific in their spec sheet then, because it says:

"Intel CPU Support
Core i7
Core i5
Core i3"

Or did I missed something?

Also, did you means deals in the "ForSale" forum? Otherwise, if memory serve me right, haven't seen a good X58 Mobo deal lately. And checked in the "forsale" forum, only saw a mATX for a lanparty mobo, which I will stay clear of for the time being. If you have a specific deal in mind, please kindly link to it. Thanks again.

"Intel CPU Support
Core i7
Core i5
Core i3"

You need to look at the socket type. Z68/P67 chipsets are socket 1155 -- you need a 1366. Glad you asked :)

You need to look at the socket type. Z68/P67 chipsets are socket 1155 -- you need a 1366. Glad you asked :)

Ah haaah...what do I know. Thank you!

Now, for lack of a good deal on an X58 Mobo currently, should I just get the ASUS P8Z68-V PRO LGA 1155 Z68 ATX Intel Motherboard along with the i5 2500K CPU, would the rest of the old gear (of course, minus the i7 930) work fine with this new combo?

Thanks for the info. Glad you helped, otherwise, I would be in a very surprised situation.

"Intel CPU Support
Core i7
Core i5
Core i3"

Also, did you means deals in the "ForSale" forum? Otherwise, if memory serve me right, haven't seen a good X58 Mobo deal lately. And checked in the "forsale" forum, only saw a mATX for a lanparty mobo, which I will stay clear of for the time being. If you have a specific deal in mind, please kindly link to it. Thanks again.

I WAS thinking of this forum
http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1649361&highlight=X58A-OC

FYI.. I bought my i5-2500k + z68ma-d2h-b3 on the 13th of last month, and I got $20 + tax refunded back to me this month.

checked in the "forsale" forum, only saw a mATX for a lanparty mobo, which I will stay clear of for the time being. If you have a specific deal in mind, please kindly link to it. Thanks again.

That was my excellent condition mATX DFI X58 JR. Epic in my opinion.

I also posted an extremely hot deal for a new Gigabyte X58A OC that I would love to own. Few pages back.

That was my excellent condition mATX DFI X58 JR. Epic in my opinion.

I also posted an extremely hot deal for a new Gigabyte X58A OC that I would love to own. Few pages back.

SonDa5, no disrespect to you regarding your post on the mATX DFI X58 JR, just as a company, DFI did me wrong, so just do not be associated with them for the time being.

Thank you for that great post on the excellent find of the Gigabyte X58A OC. In no way, that is a recertified product, is it? Tried to find any sort of info on whether it is a brand new item or not and its warranty, but didn't find any. New egg has it listed at 299.00 with a 3yrs warranty. So hoping that your link leads to a brand new item with the same 3yrs warranty.

Anyone with more specific info, would be greatly appreciated.

Online orders for in store pick up are not working for Intel 2500k. Must be in preparation for Black Friday.

I bought a Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3 today along with a 2500k and it knocked the mobo down to $94.99 from $154.99... you just gotta love that. It was a looong drive from Mansfield to Dallas but well worth it. I can't wait to put this thing together and upgrade my 4 year old beast!

I bought a Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3 today along with a 2500k and it knocked the mobo down to $94.99 from $154.99... you just gotta love that. It was a looong drive from Mansfield to Dallas but well worth it. I can't wait to put this thing together and upgrade my 4 year old beast!

Good for you. Are you going back on Black Friday to get another $30 off your 2500k?

IF so do you or somebody else know if the price match will be honored?

If they do honor the price match on the price of the CPU will the CPU and MB need to be taken back to the store on black Friday or can the price match be done with only the receipt?

Somebody know???? ^^^^^^^

I have my 2500K still unopened in box, and I'm going to call and find out if I can get the $30 back based on the receipt. They shouldn't need to see the cpu+mobo since you're not doing a return.

FYI.. I bought my i5-2500k + z68ma-d2h-b3 on the 13th of last month, and I got $20 + tax refunded back to me this month.

Was it automatic? Or did you have to go and get your price match in person?

Was it automatic? Or did you have to go and get your price match in person?

At least for my Microcenter in Paterson, NJ, you have to go in the store to get the refund. You have 30 days. I will be getting my price adjustment tonight.

Just to confirm, they doing the $60 off with the 2600k as well as the 2500k? I see the ads/notes for the 2500k - but was wondering about the other CPU. I know Oct had it as $80 off a combo, but did not see that CPU listed on the November mailing.

Just to confirm, they doing the $60 off with the 2600k as well as the 2500k? I see the ads/notes for the 2500k - but was wondering about the other CPU. I know Oct had it as $80 off a combo, but did not see that CPU listed on the November mailing.

Curious as well.

They were $40 off for 2500K and $80 off for 2600K, now both are $60 off.

I got my combo at the end of Oct with the $40 off, then came back in begining of the month to get the extra $20, and she rang it up with after rebate price, so I got another $30 off :D

Just got back from the Minneapolis MicroCenter. The rep in the back confirmed they were offering $60 back on the 2600k + with the select boards. Cash register did not ring it up automatically. The person at the customer service desk did do the $60 adjustment, however.

good to know, now i have to decide whether it's better to have a 2500K for $150 or a 2600K for $280

good to know, now i have to decide whether it's better to have a 2500K for $150 or a 2600K for $280

2600k is really only worth about $40 more, and even then only if you do something that will really use the ht.

Good for you. Are you going back on Black Friday to get another $30 off your 2500k?

Nah, hell it would be another $20 in gas to drive out there and back, lol... I still think I got a great deal. Now if I could just find the time to back up all my shit and get to rebuilding my rig. :D

Back