MBP how hot?

Glow

Supreme [H]ardness
Alright so now I'm curious, one reason I was glad to sell my Vaio was because it felt like I was cooking my junk it seriously was hot enough to belt cheese on crackers if I wanted too. I really hate to have something else like this how hot does the MBP get and does the macbook have cooling problems too?

From my experience, they get pretty damn hot which makes it pretty uncomfortable. But a good way to avoid that is to place a towel between the laptop and your legs.

SMCFancontrol

It'll let you modify the fan speeds.

I'm running about 25 - 26c right now.

I use SMCFanControl as well to kick up the fan speed if it's on my lap. If I'm using it on my desk, fans are set to default. If you want to use it on your lap, adjustment to the fans is a necessary thing. Once you kick up the fans though, it should get plenty cool enough to sit on your lap.

Glow said:
so with that is it just sorta uncomfortable?

With the fans pushed up to maximum it doesn't even get warm under normal use. The cost is a slightly noisy laptop and minimally reduced battery life.

Even at normal, unless you're using it with shorts or in your boxers... Lol...

It should be fine.

i don't have a problem with mine, but when it's not plugged in on my desk i'm usually just browsing the internet.

Heat doesn't bother me, my house is so cold its nice.

BTW sup felix88.

Anything like this for the PowerBook G4? Mine gets pretty damn hot too and i'd love to have something like this for a non-intel mac laptop :)

MasterShredder said:
Anything like this for the PowerBook G4? Mine gets pretty damn hot too and i'd love to have something like this for a non-intel mac laptop :)
My g/f uses a laptop cooler.....cause yes the G4 powerbooks get smokin.

Back