Mb temperatures to high ?

BossSiggy

n00b
Hello.

to me it looks like my mb temperatures are to high, so ive contacted the shop where i bought my pc and they say that HWMonitor often shows wrong temperatures and that i should use Asus Suite Ai 3 for temperatures instead, but it seems weird to me that HWMonitor should show wrong temperatures since everyone on the internet is recommending this program for temperatures and i have never heard anyone else recommend Asus Ai Suite 3 for it, so i contacted Asus support and they are saying that there is either something wrong with my motherboard or the sensors on it, so ive send a mail to the shop where i bought the pc with the correspondence between Asus support and me asking if they can fix it. But what do you guys think, is the shop just trying to get away from fixing the problem or does Asus support not know what they are talking about and the shop is correct ? Personally it seems like the shop doesnt want to take responsibility for the motherboard they sold to me. I will leave scr shots of temperatures from both programs.

the motherboard is Prime B660M-K D4

Asus AI Suite 3 mb temperatur.JPG
mb for høje temperaturer.JPG

Hello.

to me it looks like my mb temperatures are to high, so ive contacted the shop where i bought my pc and they say that HWMonitor often shows wrong temperatures and that i should use Asus Suite Ai 3 for temperatures instead, but it seems weird to me that HWMonitor should show wrong temperatures since everyone on the internet is recommending this program for temperatures and i have never heard anyone else recommend Asus Ai Suite 3 for it, so i contacted Asus support and they are saying that there is either something wrong with my motherboard or the sensors on it, so ive send a mail to the shop where i bought the pc with the correspondence between Asus support and me asking if they can fix it. But what do you guys think, is the shop just trying to get away from fixing the problem or does Asus support not know what they are talking about and the shop is correct ? Personally it seems like the shop doesnt want to take responsibility for the motherboard they sold to me. I will leave scr shots of temperatures from both programs.

View attachment 557052View attachment 557053
just ignore them and those 8c ones too, even that 93. there are no sensors for those on your board and its putting in oddball numbers. if you shutdown, sit for 5min, power up and check again, id bet they are the same. all the others are perfectly normal. you can also google those sensor names and see what i mean.

I would recommend using HWInfo and also ignore some 110++ temp on TMPIN sensor as those are default max temp (not actual temp).
The last time I use HWMonitor was when I still have intel i5 4570 at 2015.

just ignore them and those 8c ones too, even that 93. there are no sensors for those on your board and its putting in oddball numbers. if you shutdown, sit for 5min, power up and check again, id bet they are the same. all the others are perfectly normal. you can also google those sensor names and see what i mean.
Yeah they are the same. Is there anyway to fix it or isnt worth worrying about ?

I would recommend using HWInfo and also ignore some 110++ temp on TMPIN sensor as those are default max temp (not actual temp).
The last time I use HWMonitor was when I still have intel i5 4570 at 2015.
Isnt HWInfo and HWMonitor the same ?

Hello.

View attachment 557052View attachment 557053
3 things:

1. Which temperature are you worried about?---the motherboad chipset or the VRM?
2. If its the VRM----does your motherboard even have a temp sensor for the VRM? Asus often does not include one. Especially for lower cost boards.
3. VRM temps usually only become an issue, during sustained all core workloads. Even a board which might have really high VRM temps with a 13900k during such a stress test----would likely be fine during gaming or typical PC usage. You have a 12700f, which by default, is 60 watt TDP. If you haven't unlocked and increased the power limite to a higher TDP, its unlikely you would have VRM temp issues on pretty much any motherboard.

3 things:

1. Which temperature are you worried about?---the motherboad chipset or the VRM?
2. If its the VRM----does your motherboard even have a temp sensor for the VRM? Asus often does not include one. Especially for lower cost boards.
3. VRM temps usually only become an issue, during sustained all core workloads. Even a board which might have really high VRM temps with a 13900k during such a stress test----would likely be fine during gaming or typical PC usage. You have a 12700f, which by default, is 60 watt TDP. If you haven't unlocked and increased the power limite to a higher TDP, its unlikely you would have VRM temp issues on pretty much any motherboard.

TMPIN8, AUXTIN4 and AUXTIN2. What is VRM ? and yeah i heard Asus is one of the worst for putting sensors on their boards and im not sure about how to increase the TDP except that its somewhere in BIOS ? But what i heard from other people is simply that its because the sensors arent reading the temperatures and that i should only care about mainboard and (albeit socket sense)

TMPIN8, AUXTIN4 and AUXTIN2. What is VRM ? and yeah i heard Asus is one of the worst for putting sensors on their boards and im not sure about how to increase the TDP except that its somewhere in BIOS ? But what i heard from other people is simply that its because the sensors arent reading the temperatures and that i should only care about mainboard and (albeit socket sense)
Since you havent given me any info on how to find out if i have a temp sensor for VRM ive been searching on google and i cant find anything about if i have sensors for my motherboard Asus Prime B660M-K D4, but i found out that its called PCH and VRM MOS in HWInfo when you have a sensor for it on some motherboards and i dont have anything called that, but then i also found this: VRM heatsink and thermal pad improve heat transfer from the MOSFETs and chokes for better cooling performance., this:
Robust Power Design - 6+1+1 Power Stages

A VRM with 6+1+1 Power Stages delivers the power and efficiency that the latest Intel processors demand. and this:
Digi+ VRM Control - Precise Digital Power Control

The Digi+ voltage-regulator module (VRM) delivers real-time control over voltage droop, automatically switching frequency and power-efficiency settings. It also allows you to fine-tune your CPU for ultimate stability and performance. So i do have VRM, just not a sensor for it i guess.

Also my CPU should go up to 180 watt when turbo activates and im pretty sure you cant increase the TDP since im prettu sure that means OC'ing and im pretty sure cant OC a locked i7-12700F CPU ?

3 things:

also someone else wrote to me in another forum regarding VRM i just noticed:

BossSiggy if you're referring to the AUX temps over 100C, it's completely normal for Asus. Asus has a history of using primitive analog PWM controllers on their boards and also intentionally locking down/making sensors unavailable to software monitoring, which results in nonsensical readings from sensors that don't do anything. Been this way for years and years.

The only thing reliable on Asus boards is mobo temp, which looks fine. Back in the B550 days there were some reviewers speculating that one of these unmarked AUX temps was actually a VRM temp sensor (and just bizarrely going along with that assumption without testing), but it wasn't true. They're just dud readings.

There is nothing out there quite as good as HWInfo, but even HWInfo is only as good as the hardware allows it to be. If Asus locks down its sensors on all boards below true ROG, or if AMD firmware is spaghetti and reports bonkers numbers for iGPUs, HWInfo can only report what's visible to it.

i thought we cleared this up last week!?
just stop monitoring them in hwinfo and move on.

i thought we cleared this up last week!?
just stop monitoring them in hwinfo and move on.
I just dont wanna ignore new people trying to help, but i deleted HWMonitor so i cant even see the ''wrong'' temperatures anymore since HWInfo isnt showing them.

one of the most annoying things it asking for help here and then going "well the guys on this other forum say this"...
everyone here is in agreement, your temps are fine and disable the oddballs. if you uninstalled the monitor, you now have nothing to see and worry about.
welcome to [H] btw!

One thing to discuss is that at idle conditions, thermocouple values are erroneous according to an Intel white paper. They claim you should only believe temps when close to thermal limit. If I find the paper I will post it.

Back