MB like ASRock 775Dual-VSTA LGA 775?

Retardo

Gawd
Is there a good mobo out there that has the same specs as the ASRock 775Dual-VSTA LGA 775? Mine isnt working anymore and newegg doesnt carry that mobo anymore. I dont have much money so upgrading slowly is the way for me so I need a mobo that supports old and newer versions of video cards...cpu...ram. I looked on newegg and there are alot, but i dont know whats good or not. I will OC just a little. I have a pent. D right now. Maybe ill upgrade to a C2D right now too.

Is there a good mobo out there that has the same specs as the ASRock 775Dual-VSTA LGA 775? Mine isnt working anymore and newegg doesnt carry that mobo anymore. I dont have much money so upgrading slowly is the way for me so I need a mobo that supports old and newer versions of video cards...cpu...ram. I looked on newegg and there are alot, but i dont know whats good or not. I will OC just a little. I have a pent. D right now. Maybe ill upgrade to a C2D right now too.

Unfortunately, you're SOL. The few AGP motherboards still listed on Newegg are AGP only (no PCI-Express support). And none of the motherboards which use a chipset that supports AGP supports any of the newer CPUs which require a 1333MHz FSB (their maximum supported FSB tops out at 1066MHz). This means that if you want to upgrade to any of the newer versions of the C2D or C2Q, you'll have to buy a new PCI-Express video card (if your current one is AGP) and/or new DDR2 or DDR3 memory (if your current memory is DDR1).

ok well i can get PCIE card but that still wouldnt matter cause i would need DDR2/3 ram? man this sucks. i need to upgrade everything.

whats a good cheap mobo now a days? i guess i'll just build around a mobo some1 lists. AMD or INTEL. doesnt matter.

Cheap but very good:

Gigabyte DS3L $90
Intel E2160 $68
Corsair 2x1GB $29AR

Get a decent PSU, hsf, 8800GS ($110 AR) /9600GT ($150) /8800GT ($160) /8800GTS 512 ($210) video card depending on budget, gaming needs, resolution.

But other then that, there better CPU's (E6750/Q6600) but it sounds like you want to keep it cheap, OC that E2160 to 3.2GHz easy (usually but not always, 3GHz if not).

Back